Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Q & A for Fayaz Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
P00Lsin
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote P00Lsin Replybullet Posted: 03/January/2007 at 10:51am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E=mc%C2%B2

that helps to explain what I am trying to say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

explains how black holes are made
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 03/January/2007 at 1:14pm
first off, your formulas are working against you; if speed of light is constant, which it is, then time and space are variables
c = v = dx/dt
that's what acts to describe length contraction and time dilation
and einstein was the one that challenged newtonian mechanics (sub light-speed travel) by asking what happens to light across relative frames of reference, where one frame is moving near the speed of light;this blew the newtonian theory out of the water, thus was born RELATIVITY, what einstein was famous for.

thus it's contradictory to say that einstein said time travel was impossible, when the foundation for relativity is that time is, in fact, a variable.
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 03/January/2007 at 2:18pm
in your own wiki articles,
"His special theory of relativity ultimately showed that the traditional (Euclidean-Galilean) assumption of absolute time and distance was incorrect, and, as a consequence, that mass and energy are different only in form."
that right there states that time travel is
quite possible, and that as long as the speed of light is constant, then space and time are in fact variable

and again, supernovae that successfully create an event horizon become black holes. now, unless a star is the victim of its own shoddy division, im gonna stick with black holes being created when a massive star stops generating fusion energy and collapses on its own gravity.
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 03/January/2007 at 11:01pm
i think the hole idea of the speed of light being the fastest possible thing is silly.

the speed at witch Gravity Propagates itself is about 100 billion times faster then the speed of light. or else our solar system would have fallen apart long ago.

we have super Coliders able to ALMOST reach the speed of light ( within one millionth of a percent, witch after a little math is something like 10kph away from it )
how can we even REACH this speed? are we not moving at an Incredible pace, not only it our solar system but in our galaxy, and is our galaxy not moving as well? to reach these speeds not only would our galaxy need to be stopped, but so would our orbit around the sun, and the suns orbit around the galaxy. the speed of light needs to be Relative for use to reach this speed.
IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 12:49am
Ya know; I think anything is possible, and if that's not true, then you're all wrong.
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 2:37am

Humans are always in a Stage of Denial..

The Earth is flat, the sky is just a half circle on top of it..
the earth is the center of the universe
man will never break the sound barrier
man will never reach space

we are still in denial, we just don't know of what yet,
the funny thing is, at one point, when people still though the earth was flat,
you could be sentenced to death just for thinking it was round.
just because you are right, doesn't mean you will be accepted.
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 3:28am
and just because its right, it doesnt mean its right; we always need to question ourselves on everything "accepted." just like how it was accepted that the earth was flat, no one saw a point to question it. well, their right way of thinking was wrong.

its hard to prove anything is right, really.
IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 6:06am
I'm always right, and you can't prove me wrong.

I win.
IP IP Logged
P00Lsin
Groupie
Groupie

Quote P00Lsin Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 11:25am
fenix you owned me with your words, i don't know as much as you do about this subject so imma just stop because my head is starting to hurt. All I was trying to say is what my teacher told me, that if you reach the speed of light (since the speed of light is a constant in the equation, in a part of the equation in the denominator of the fraction) then you would be subtracting the speed of light from the speed of light which is 0, the 0 in that is created in the denominator turns everything in the denominator to 0 since whenever you multiply anything by 0 you get 0, that in turn makes the entire equation have a denominator 0. When you have a fraction in mathematics with 0 then the fraction is "undefined" but when nature has a fraction with the denominator of 0 bad things happen, bad things like black holes. Why a black hole is created i can't think of right now i'll get back to you after my math class so i can ask my teacher.

Oh and by the way we actually created this damn confusing thing we call math lol.

and also what we should really be asking ourselves is not what the answer is, but if we should really know what the answer is.
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 5:20pm
lol, im not wanting to pwn anyone here, just further discuss the possibility of various seemingly-impossible topics

and math isnt THAT confusing, i love it... =(
the intuitive sciences (including some math, like calculus), are much more exciting than the others, imo. when you can relate what you're learning to everything around you, its an alien feeling since we're so used to learning about stuff we're never gonna use.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version