Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Q & A for Fayaz Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 25/December/2006 at 12:30am
The dolphin one is good fayaz.
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 25/December/2006 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Jbanicar

I have been pondering this situation for as long as I can remember (maybe age 7-8) and it drives me nuts. It makes me feel like my head will implode if I think any harder. Is the universe infinite? It must end somewhere. But when it ends … there must be something on the other side … right?

many theories with strong evidence state that the universe is not infinite, but expanding. its difficult to say whats outside of the universe, for the same reason to imagine what its like not to be constrained by time. the universe will eventually stop expanding upon the cease of exchange of heat (energy, to be exact). at that point, everything will completely freeze (as in lack of motion, not necessarily temperature), including you and me. the ceasing is due to the balancing of energy, just like the hot tea that cools off in a room.

the universe is a ticking time bomb -- waiting to stop.
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 2:07am
yeah, in about a google years... but thats just one theory, the 'big Bang' theory... witch in many cases has been prouven more and more unlikely.

more likely was the 'big bang' was one of many bangs created when a 'super' black hole reaches a certain high enough density/mass. and the mass of these have to be the size of our known Universe all compressed into a tiny ball the size of a penny to go off... so, there has been many big bangs, and there will be many more, they are just so far away from our known universe we never see any sings of them. if nothing else this theory would explain why galaxies are Accelerating away from each other, heading to a 'super' black hole.  of course, this is all theoretical. but so is the big bang :)
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 12:58pm
aye. if it were true, it would be so long from now seeing as how everything is said to still be cooling off from our big bang. personally, i dont really believe in any of the theories by themselves, but i find them extremely interesting.

also a good song
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 1:18pm
I feel like my eyes will go crossed and my brain will melt when i think about time travel. Anybody have any thoeries?
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Jersey

I feel like my eyes will go crossed and my brain will melt when i think about time travel. Anybody have any thoeries?

i think its quite simple in theory, but difficult by our limitations. im not going to begin to steal this man's ideas, though. by this theory, teleportation and time travel seem quite easy (if we know someone in the higher dimensions...)

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 10:03pm
I couldnt view it for some reason. But when i think about the effects of it. Obviously the best ideas and opinions I can get are from movies, ( back to the future trilogy, Donny darko). Like what would happen if Marty went back to the wild west and left a frisbe or something there. Or there was someone there to witness a flying train when doc goes to visit marty in the end of the 3rd one. Or could the simpilist thing disturb the time space continuem? Like if I went back in time and said yo what up nigga to like 3 people on complete accident. When i got back to the future would that be the general greeting instead of hi? Lol These are some of the stupid things I think about when I ponder time travel and its effects. If it were possible I dont think I would do it for the simple reason I would be scarred to f**k something up in the past.
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 27/December/2006 at 8:41pm
yea, as the video stated, in one of the dimensions is every possible outcome from every possible action, infinity. so, if you were to change the slightest thing, even just your presence somewhere, it can completely change the outcome and true "present."

now we're getting into butterfly effect and chaos theory =D
IP IP Logged
P00Lsin
Groupie
Groupie

Quote P00Lsin Replybullet Posted: 02/January/2007 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Jersey

time travel was proven impossible by einstein. with his e=mc2 equation. e=mc2 is just the nice version of it, i don't know the exact equation but somewhere in there is a C and that C = the speed of light, and that C is a subtracted by a S and that S= our speed, now that c - s is all on the bottom of a fraction, which is division. To time travel we would have to go faster than the speed of light, but we need to go faster than the speed of light without actually reaching the speed of light, because if you were to reach the speed of light then C - S = 0 and when nature divides by 0 guess what happens, a black hole, and this black hole would engulf the entire universe (which is infinitely big btw) ( oh and as a sub note there is more than 1 infinite, there is actually infinite infinites confusing huh?) so basically time travel is out of the question unless you can find a way to pass light speed without EVER hitting it, cause if you hit it C - S = 0 and when nature divides by 0 black holes happen.

Gotta get to class, but btw seeing the future was never disproven
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 02/January/2007 at 5:01pm
why does dividing by a 0 create a black hole? a black hole is just matter so dense that its gravitational pull is strong enough to suck in even light.

i still dont think its impossible. even einstein was hindered by only three dimensions. his equation only reflects on three dimenions as well.

i guess an example of this would be something like the following. in einstein's bootleg function, e=(mc^2)/(C-s), where C is speed of light. now, a more exact equation might be e=(mc^2)/|D(C-s)| where D is an unknown dimension variable, and |D(C-s)| is the absolute value of the speeds with respect to the dimension. in other words, his equation might not be perfect, or complete, since he's only applying three-dimension laws to a four-dimension concept
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version