Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=767
Printed Date: 07/September/2024 at 2:50am

Topic: For the PS forum whores
Posted By: Goffin
Subject: For the PS forum whores
Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 3:27pm

In case you guys are wondering why there's a sig with krispy cream doughnets with cut out of smedly's head next to it,  here's the scoop!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/03/01 - http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/03/01

Apparently,  Smedly has a sense of humor..  Ever quest must be booming to shell out 1200 doughnuts wouldn't you say?

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Replies:
Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 3:32pm

hehe actually the guy who ran pstats automatically converted all the stat bars too that.

Sof or my sig on there, it had half of Smedlys head cut off, because I have XRivals sig taking up most of the space.

Thankfully, I am going to replace my stat bar with a little RIP stat bar that also came out.

-------------

Posted By: Aled
Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:08pm
Shows how much they really give a sh*t what people think of their games tbh.

-------------

Posted By: solitary00
Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:23pm
It's Sony, they don't give a sh*t about anyone.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:48pm

How many game companies do?

Does Blizzard really?

Only the super small niche ones seem to give much of a rip.

Cornerd Rats Studio does more than SOE , in regards to WW2online.

And That Desert wierd ass MMO("Tale in teh Desert") had people actually call the head dev on his CELL PHONE 24 hours a day if they needed help. Had a sub base of under 5k though...

It just seems like more of the  bottom line ruling again....what kind of stuff do they teach in business ethics these days? Is there any kind of movement to become at least be more receptive to customer needs and/or community relations? Anyone know about this?

All I hear is the same old broken record regarding large companies-impersonal, money grubbing and seemingly devoid of human emotion. Probably won't change much in my generation either, if history holds true.

I actually saw a rather interesting documentary called "The Corporation", which argued a thesis that basically called the modern day Mega Corp a Psychotic institution.

http://www.thecorporation.com/index.php?page_id=2 - http://www.thecorporation.com/index.php?page_id=2

-------------

Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:54pm
How much is that per donut?

Something like $3k-5k?

-------------

Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Tybox

Does Blizzard really?

There is a difference between the indifference needed to succesfully keep a large corporation moving and the blatent disregard for consumers that Sony shows over and over and over again.  It's not just the OE division, it's a corporate mantra..

Whether it be hidden rootkits, excessive DRM, price gouging proprietary formats, relying on SERVICE centers as a means of generating revenue, intentionally building consumer electronics as consumable/disposable items, or even my TV that won't work with ANY DVD player besides a Sony (do you think this was in the manual?  nooooooo) there are so many reasons why Sony is head and shoulders above any of the other electronics/entertainment corps. out there..  Planetside is NO different from any of their other products...  They're letting it die (without acknowledging) and milking it for ALL that it is worth.  Remember how the in game advertisments (that I'm STILL pissed about) were supposed to open up all these new possibilities?  Where the hell are they?  Hats and sunglasses?  Well, then where is the $13 a month I pay going?

Sony's success is based entirely on fanboys and the ill-informed public.  I can't get enjoyment out of PS itself anymore, the members and friends of this site are the only thing I truly enjoy..

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by solitary00

Does Blizzard really?

There is a difference between the indifference needed to succesfully keep a large corporation moving and the blatent disregard for consumers that Sony shows over and over and over again.  It's not just the OE division, it's a corporate mantra..

Whether it be hidden rootkits, excessive DRM, price gouging proprietary formats, relying on SERVICE centers as a means of generating revenue, intentionally building consumer electronics as consumable/disposable items, or even my TV that won't work with ANY DVD player besides a Sony (do you think this was in the manual?  nooooooo) there are so many reasons why Sony is head and shoulders above any of the other electronics/entertainment corps. out there..  Planetside is NO different from any of their other products...  They're letting it die (without acknowledging) and milking it for ALL that it is worth.  Remember how the in game advertisments (that I'm STILL pissed about) were supposed to open up all these new possibilities?  Where the hell are they?  Hats and sunglasses?  Well, then where is the $13 a month I pay going?

Sony's success is based entirely on fanboys and the ill-informed public.  I can't get enjoyment out of PS itself anymore, the members and friends of this site are the only thing I truly enjoy..

You still get giddy over a boomer kill....:}

Or Magscatting a TR looting an NC backpack. :}

Don't let the evils of SOE ruin PS.

Although it may be kinda hard not to....ahh well...Huxely anyone?

*rushes back to History paper due in 2 hours.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 6:08pm

You still get giddy over a boomer kill....:}

Or Magscatting a TR looting an NC backpack. :}

No, I get excited when Boomers actually work.  I don't really know why I even have CE anymore.

And magscatting Starfires still makes me smile, but it's lost the "fun" too.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 6:09pm
Well a smile is something.

-------------

Posted By: Fayaz
Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 8:31pm

Aye, SOE is planning a new MMO based on the DC comics and characters by world-renowned Jim Lee. DCOnline, or DCO for short will probably play itself as a City of Heroes/Matrix Online, basically.. crap.

Penny Arcade made a comic about it, namely comparing Jim Lee to delicious Krispy Kremes and SOE to an a**hole, yielding crap. Together, they would make sh*t-covered donuts.

Anyway, SOE took it personally and shipped 1200 donuts to the Penny Arcade team. Nice waste of money.

-------------

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 08/March/2006 at 8:45pm

Wow, I should start insulting SOE

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 12:07am
Originally posted by AquaNox

Wow, I should start insulting SOE

Everyone else is doing it.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 12:59am

Ah I'm not bashing SOE, I'm just shocked by the apparent waste of donuts (I have one every day...)!

-------------

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 1:10am
I meant for the donuts..

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: Effekt
Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Fayaz

Ah I'm not bashing SOE, I'm just shocked by the apparent waste of donuts (I have one every day...)!

replace that with a bowl of cereal and go lift weights. Donuts ftL =/

-------------
tehReaper, Ahriman Corps , better than Baron

Posted By: Preach
Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 2:51am
Wow... this thread is DRTL!

-------------

Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 11:47am

Originally posted by Effekt

Replace that with a bowl of cereal and go lift weights. Donuts ftL =/

I will never eat cereal again. I ate it every day for what, 17 years? I can't stand it anymore, I've exhausted every single brand and milked it (pun intended) for all its worth.

COFFEE and a donut, that's where it's at. Don't get all worked up though, it's an old-fashion-plain, so just the ring of dough, not sugar coated, no icing, nothing. And as for protein: iso-whey powder shakes every day as well. Yes, you should be proud!

Go lift weights? Unlike most college kids who binge and laze, a regular active lifestyle with sports and fresh air keeps me in shape, and I don't end up looking like a fake-and-baker Beefy McBeefington either. That's why I can still sport a Small/Medium T-shirt quite comfortably (Preach!) and still look good!

-------------

Posted By: Preach
Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 11:53am
You are BORING Fayaz. I started to fall asleep reading your responZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

-------------

Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 12:03pm
Your FACE is boring! Shouldn't you be heading to bed now Preach?  That's right: sleep, b*tch!

-------------

Posted By: Aled
Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 12:13pm
Replace that coffe and donut with "tea and crumpets" and you'll be set.

Btw, healthy college lifestyle ftw. I stay clear of all that binge drinking and 24-hour partying myself, though there's not much chance for it in medical school anyway.

-------------

Posted By: fenix
Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 1:47pm
haha, i dont drink that much. i enjoy "drinking responsibly" as they say, but my body usually doesnt like getting too drunk and tells me so through much vomitting and bad hangovers

now i just drink till i get a good relaxing buzz. it keeps me from doing anything stupid, but still gives me the right to hit on girls way too much

-------------

Date Posted: 09/March/2006 at 6:50pm

I don't care for the taste of alcohol, except for "bitch beer", stuff like Zima, Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Stuff is like pop.

And lately, whenever I drink, I flare up like a goddamn strawberry and feel extremly hot in my face.

-------------

Posted By: Khemosabe
Date Posted: 10/March/2006 at 9:46am
Just don't drink any Kaoliang (pronounced like "Kao-yang") if you're ever in Taiwan or China.  It's rat poison disguised as 58% alcohol.  And it's customary to do shots of it...

-------------

Date Posted: 10/March/2006 at 12:47pm

Did you play Russian Roullete in some alleyway bar Khemo?

A la "Deer Hunter?"

-------------

Print Page | Close Window