Printed From: 1CMM.net
Category: Public Forums
Forum Name: Steam Gaming
Forum Discription: TF2, L4D... etc.
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2403
Printed Date: 25/April/2024 at 11:09am

Topic: FPS for us all to play together?
Posted By: Preach
Subject: FPS for us all to play together?
Date Posted: 16/June/2009 at 8:50pm
So I was thinking it would be nice if quite a few of us could could start playing an online FPS together again. I'm not interested in doing PS again, and I know a lot of other people aren't interested as well. So I was thinking something like CoD: World at War as a possibility. Goffin has a vent server we could use and it would be really fun to play with the midgets again.

Anyone like this idea? Have recommendations for a different game? Lets get a discussion going.

Replies:
Posted By: Xenetic
Date Posted: 16/June/2009 at 8:54pm
I don't own any COD games. One thing that makes other fps's difficult is that is isn't always easy for everyone to get in the same game on the same side. Something cheap and easy would be a good idea, like TF2 even, many have it plus it is like $20.

-------------

Date Posted: 16/June/2009 at 8:57pm
TF2 is what Goff suggested as well. I will totally buy it if enough people will commit to it.

This seems like the best deal: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/ - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/

Posted By: Midnyght
Date Posted: 17/June/2009 at 2:18pm
What nights do you guys mostly play?

-------------

Date Posted: 17/June/2009 at 5:10pm
I don't have any certain schedule. I would think most poeple would be like me and get on whenever they don't have something to do.

I was on last night learning the maps and classes.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/June/2009 at 6:06pm
I have time Mon-Fri after 5pm central time. No time on the weekends really. I'm buying the Orange Box package tonight.

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 17/June/2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Xenetic

I don't have any certain schedule. I would think most poeple would be like me and get on whenever they don't have something to do.

I was on last night learning the maps and classes.

Xen,

I think you have vent issues lol.  I was screaming into vent last night "xen!?!  xen!?!  XENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?!?!?! " and got nothing.   I heard you ask me if I heard you once to witch I said yes and never heard you again.   I was trying to get you to fire stuff last night screaming on vent lol   it was freaking classic.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Date Posted: 18/June/2009 at 11:37am
HaHa, yeah i just installed vent a few days ago since I installed RC1. I saw you light up so i figured I need to fix it but I was more worried about TF2 at the time.

I'll fix it tonight, I will probably still ignore you though.

-------------

Posted By: hackingsniper
Date Posted: 18/June/2009 at 3:20pm
If I can get 20 bucks together I could play but I have about $6 to my name atm lol so atm I am stuck studying or playing halo 3 for free with the roomie

Date Posted: 18/June/2009 at 4:13pm
I'll give you $20, that's no problem.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/June/2009 at 7:30pm
I ended up just buying TF2 for $19.99. I also have Killing Floor.

Date Posted: 18/June/2009 at 7:56pm
I got the orange box for 10 bucks on special one day :P

-------------

Date Posted: 19/June/2009 at 1:58pm

I'll give you $20, that's no problem.

In exchange for sexy times AMARIGHT??

Date Posted: 21/June/2009 at 8:46pm
More people need to get TF2. It was well worth the $20.

Date Posted: 22/June/2009 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Preach

Im glad you like it bro.  I'll see you on tonight if you're around.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2009 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Preach

I haven't picked it up yet cause I am in that non-playing game mood.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2009 at 3:48pm
The mood was actually caused by me finding the Xbox 360 Game Creaters Club. I been messing around with XNA and Torque X because of stumbling acrossed the club.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2009 at 6:32pm
I was in that mood Mid. So I picked up a game that I can start and stop easily and will entertain me for a little while. TF2 is just that game right now.

Date Posted: 23/June/2009 at 2:16pm

well I will see if I will pick it up.

I am content right now learning some C# and building my first game in the little free time I got and saving for a good crossbow before September since they finally made it legal to hunt with crossbows in PA.

-------------

Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 24/June/2009 at 2:07am
may i have $20?

Date Posted: 24/June/2009 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Fidelio

may i have $20?

May as well. I think your comments in general game conversations are worth $20.

Whats you xbox tag btw? What do you think of the upcoming racing games? I know you have an opinion on them.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/June/2009 at 5:45pm
i have a friend request pending with you for 6 month now. :p
my tag is fideelio.

forza 3 and need for speed shift both look good, but the one i'm really looking forward to is dirt 2.

also fuel looks like a good time as well, which is out now.

if you wanna throw $20 at something maybe you wanna pick up burnout paradise for the 360. it's a platinum hit now and i just grabbed it. haven't played it yet but verdant has max achievement points on it so at least one person liked it.

Date Posted: 24/June/2009 at 7:10pm
I have it. It may just be me or my TV but its hard for me to see upcoming turns in that game even glancing at the mini map.

I bought it for the ps3. My xbox RROD'd. I fixed it by taking it apart and using arctic silver 5 on the cpu and gpu then overheating it. Kinna scared to buy games for it now, though it worked fine for my wife with Guitar Hero.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/June/2009 at 8:50pm
you know for rrod it's a 3 year warranty so you should still be covered?
i'm also guessin we can't multiplayer cross platform. :(

i haven't played it yet so dunno if i'll have the same problem with the turns, but when i do, i'll let ya know.

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 6:45am
My 360 was over 3 years old. Was gonna cost $99 to send it back.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 8:00am
i also have more games than show on my list. just haven't gotten around to them all, including one you have, gears of war. mebs we could coop if it's in there. dat'd be fun.

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 3:20pm
Definitely, I have played solo to the last boss but never beat him. PM me your cell, lost my numbers a while back, same for any of the rest of you. I finally accepted you last night fid, I have never really used the xbox menus for more than streaming video.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 5:05pm
my cell phone is always off, so the number wouldn't do ya any good, unless you wanted me to call you back like 2 months later.

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 6:42pm

my cell phone is always off, so the number wouldn't do ya any good, unless you wanted me to call you back like 2 months later.

"That's what she said"? 

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 6:55pm
So how can we set up a gears of war time?

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2009 at 8:54pm
you can laugh at me trying to play a shooter on a console anytime you wish. just give me a time and i'll be there.

i'm sure if we can get in game the first time we'll figure something out more reliable than txting on a msg board.

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 8:26am
I really doubt you are any worse than me at console shooters. We may not make it past the opening level.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 12:09pm
It took about a week to get adjusted to console controllers again playing halo 3 but now I am ripping them up!  Only problem is its still nowhere near as accurate or as fast as if I was aiming with a keyboard (Nostromo) and mouse.  Still a ton of fun to play. I saved a really good video of me getting my first open season achievement the other day you guys should check it out! I can send it via 360 dashboard once your friended.

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 12:39pm
I haven't seen fid online in quit sometime (xbox 360 online)   xen,  I saw you on the other night and lol'd.  I'm with you both in the sense of aiming on a console.  I'm horrible at it myself and crack up sometimes trying to shoot at somebody have completely miss the whole clip.    Keyboard/mouse > console controller.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by hackingsniper

I saved a really good video of me getting my first open season achievement the other day you guys should check it out! I can send it via 360 dashboard once your friended.

Don't you need the game to view videos?

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 1:44pm
Who are we really friends with DVS? Who's Xbox are you playing on?

My profile avatar thing was made by my wife, she likes that part of games. If it ever shows me playing guitar hero, it is my wife and/or sister.

-------------

Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 4:09pm
faeshi@gmail.com - Add me for Team Fortress. I'd recommend that we play on the same team, so I don't break your will both to live and play the game again.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 4:47pm
Is your name faeshi irl?

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 6:26pm
I'm not surprised at all.

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 6:27pm
goff my xbox was in for repair, i'm back baby.

Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 7:45pm

Is your name faeshi irl?

Actually, it's far worse than that. Ivan.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/June/2009 at 12:10am
omg sexy Pool whats up?

.......................and yes I am drunk atm.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/June/2009 at 11:36am

Who are we really friends with DVS? Who's Xbox are you playing on?

My profile avatar thing was made by my wife, she likes that part of games. If it ever shows me playing guitar hero, it is my wife and/or sister.

Its a secondary account made for my roomates GF but she never plays anymore.  The xbox 360 belongs to my roommate as well.   As for playing videos I don't think you need the game. It's saved and used through xbox fileshare.  I can try to send it to you sometime. We will see

Date Posted: 27/June/2009 at 1:02pm
You know you can make your own account, right?

-------------

Date Posted: 29/June/2009 at 12:05pm
well to play halo 3 I have to have at least silver which costs and well I am not paying anything for games until I can get some money (AKA student loans in the fall)

Date Posted: 29/June/2009 at 1:39pm
Silver was free last time I checked, Gold costs. You can still make an account though.

-------------

Date Posted: 29/June/2009 at 4:52pm

There's a surprise.    What p.o.s console

-------------

Date Posted: 29/June/2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Goffin

ahem... Red Faction

-------------

Date Posted: 29/June/2009 at 8:20pm
Red Faction looks like pure win. Especially that hammer he smashes faces with.

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 2:41am

dude you're posting on a planetside website, are you really going there?

i bought an xbox 7 months ago and am now on my 5th console. i know reliability issues, but i also know it smokes the wii for single player and kills the ps3 for multiplayer and game library.

besides, if it were always there when you wanted it, it'd be as exciting as your ceiling.

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 8:37am
He may have mirrors on his ceiling.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by hackingsniper

Red Faction looks like pure win. Especially that hammer he smashes faces with.

It is, it is

-------------

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 6:41pm

He may have mirrors on his ceiling.

you're going to have to come out here and see for yourself.    I got plenty of butter in the fridge so we're good on that front.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 6:45pm

dude you're posting on a planetside website, are you really going there?

i bought an xbox 7 months ago and am now on my 5th console. i know reliability issues, but i also know it smokes the wii for single player and kills the ps3 for multiplayer and game library.

besides, if it were always there when you wanted it, it'd be as exciting as your ceiling.

The goth chick working at the best buy return counter is hawt. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 9:51pm
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 2:12am
Fid man, where do you live?

they need to fire who ever the hell is fixing concoles over there because thats just not normal. sombody is fucking somthing up in the repair shop.

Can the xbox version play with people on PC?
im up for playing with you guys, but im not going to buy the game again if i dont have to.

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 6:30am
3 of them were new off the shelf units, one a refurb, and a repaired unit which i'm now on, but all from MS, and i live in vegas.

xen and i just started to coop halo 3. i know, we're behind the times, but it's new to me. wanna play?

and what's the fable II coop all about? can you quest together like an mmo?

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 8:34am
That'd be neat.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 9:32am

3 of them were new off the shelf units, one a refurb, and a repaired unit which i'm now on, but all from MS, and i live in vegas.

xen and i just started to coop halo 3. i know, we're behind the times, but it's new to me. wanna play?

and what's the fable II coop all about? can you quest together like an mmo?

Hop on my back and play Halo3 with me I will carry you

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 2:43pm
Halo 3 still has the Best Co-op out of any game so far i think..

gears 2 comes close, but its only limited to 2 players are there are too many gay undertones for me (not to mention the one night stand and Friends with benefits acheivments)

quick story, heh

I had a chick over a couple weeks ago, she wanted to try gears but had never played before.. so i took her through the totturial erea.. little did i know it was the last place i needed to get the "friends with Benefits" achievement, and since she was on my Family account that had never played gears, she got "one night stand".

she doesnt have an xbox, so she doesnt know what achievements are, so she got up and almost walked out of the room. i had to stop her and tell her what was going on :P

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 4:32pm
I liked the gears 1 co-op, Halo co-op is turning out to be fun as well. I think I prefer gears just because I can pick up fid when he dies. I find myself turning around a lot. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 6:23pm
har dee har har

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 8:01pm
last time i saw you guys playing.. Xen was at insane, and fid was at Casual.

i knew that was possible in the second gears, but i didient know it was in the first.

i dragged my sister through the whole campain with her on insane... i cant complain, it was fun for me, but she bearly ever got a kill, heh

Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 9:01pm

I liked the gears 1 co-op, Halo co-op is turning out to be fun as well. I think I prefer gears just because I can pick up fid when he dies. I find myself turning around a lot. 

M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL KILL KILL!!

Date Posted: 02/July/2009 at 7:30am
I don't think I have ever played any console game on insane.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/July/2009 at 5:19pm
It's bullshit. Have you ever played Street Fighter on the hardest setting? I don't usually really get angry over video games, but I'll admit that I've been halfway through some suicide notes because of it.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/July/2009 at 5:21pm
Wait till you get to Gears 2 I thought it was much better then 1

-------------

Date Posted: 02/July/2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Interpol

It's bullshit. Have you ever played Street Fighter on the hardest setting? I don't usually really get angry over video games, but I'll admit that I've been halfway through some suicide notes because of it.

HAHA

Nuff said!

Print Page | Close Window