URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2232
Printed Date: 14/May/2024 at 5:54pm

Topic: Lost Colony
Posted By: Alcotte
Subject: Lost Colony
Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 2:06am
Lost Colony

Is this game for real?

I registered to there forums website and they say they are going to give out a free verison .99 to the public.

Seems like it would be a cool thing to tryout.

But what is everyones thoughts on this game.

I just heard about it.

-------------
Muhahaha ha...ha....ohh darn

Replies:
Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 4:37am
its Vaporware, nuff said.

it was Originally set out to be a clone of Planetside, with massive battles on some other planet with futuristic weapons and massive scale and what not...

turns out its going to be on earth, in the near future, with realworld weapons, on a not so massive scale... ( they say its only going to be for 'episode one', but the game was supposed to be released in JANUARY, and it hasn't moved an inch since, and they wont update any faster AFTER they release either... )

consider 'Pre-Order' Donating your money to them, because you arent getting what you pay for, thats for sure.

Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 11:29am
The Screen Shots they are setting out aren't all that bad to be honest.

I mean this could be a good game, thats why I'm going to give this v.99 a try and see whats up.

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 12:08pm

It's a scam.   Kill this thread

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 2:54pm
Whats Vaporware just wondering?

-------------

Posted By: razor851
Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 3:07pm
Lost Colony.

Lol.

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 02/July/2007 at 6:52pm

the only thing that doesnt look 'All that bad' is the terrain, and thats because thats what the terrain NORMALY looks like with that engine, evre game with Torque will have terrain that looks Identical to that.

look for screenshots of things other then terrain, you will see how horrid this "game" looks... plus you will see how little content they actualy have.

as for vaporware.. look at Duke nukem forever.
the game proposed never 'Materialises'
if you read the games faqs, you will see the game they are making it nothing like what they make it out to be

also, Stateofshock lies in nearly evre single post he makes, i have a folder full of screenshots of them, since he tends to delete them after i make a fool of him.

here is one of my Favoritres.

Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 10/July/2007 at 11:27am
All of you fool yourselves into thinking you want the next big MMOFPS, when really, you don't.

Just like me, you guys want the next Planetside. There simply isn't going to be one anytime soon--either by Sony or any other developer with a game similar to it.

I don't see why, but there doesn't seem to be enough room for a thinking man's first person shooter (in Planetside, a smarter opponent will kill a more skilled player the vast majority of the time, whereas in any other FPS--it's the opposite).

Looks like Lost Colony is vapor ware, but hopefully it at least gets picked up by someone.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window