Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2051
Printed Date: 06/September/2024 at 5:03pm

Topic: My New Baby
Posted By: Preach
Subject: My New Baby
Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 6:07pm
Well... Here it is in all it's glory... my new 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8 Turbo. Has 18" BBS rims w/ low profile tires, turbo engine, sports suspension, lowered to the ground etc. etc. This thing is one mean machine, and I was tearing it up on the drive back up while my wife was sleeping in the passenger seat. I got up to 110mph coming up I-75 in Florida. 

Replies:
Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 7:50pm
Love it. Carbon fiber steering wheel? Why an automatic?

Best of luck with her, man.

Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 8:05pm
It's not carbon fiber... just looks that way in the picture. It's actually leather wrapped. As for the automatic... I don't really know how to drive stick, nor do I want to. The idea of having to shift that crap all the time bothers me. I like turning the car on and just mashing the accelerator. I know I'm giving up some performance, but It's worth it IMHO.

-------------

Posted By: razor851
Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 8:20pm
When I saw "new baby" I literally thought you had a "new baby." Silly me.
I'd hate to see a little Pshielding infant crawling around the house.

Oh, congrats on the car though, she's a beauty!

-------------

Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 8:24pm
Few more months and I will have a new baby... the human kind.

-------------

Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 9:23pm
i see some dirt on the floor mats, what gives?

also, is that one of those 100mph speed limit modifying license plates? if so, groovy!

Date Posted: 30/March/2007 at 9:30pm
That dirt was removed right after the pics were taken... it came from a damn zoo my wife dragged me to. She was dying to go to a zoo, and that was the price I had to pay for her coming with me to buy this car.

-------------

Posted By: Bhopx
Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 12:31pm
yeh, i know someone who has the car in the same color. you get a pretty decent car for the price. I think i like the look of the new jetta better though.

i drive an audi a4 with the 2.0T engine. VW knows how to pump HP out of those 4 cyliders.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 12:47pm
Thats the other car I was considering... the a4 2.0T. I like the look of this model jetta over any other car though.

-------------

Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 1:17pm
Sweet plate, didn't even notice it.

Posted By: fenix
Date Posted: 31/March/2007 at 1:56pm
my first thought was a new computer... i think i already see a shiza stain on the seat where you crapped yourself after going 115mph =D

as for manual, its the greatest thing in a car. its really not a bother unless you do stop-and-go traffic every day. other than that, it gives you something to do while driving... like dropping down a gear to crank out mad rpms when getting around that jackhole going 30 in the fast lane.

oh, and you can rev the engine whenever you want!

back to the car at hand, its quite sexy -- im jealous! if you ever need a babysitter, i can make it disappear for a bit =D

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 11:50am
Nice wheels, Like the color and I want your damn weather..   Pittsburgh is all rain.. Freaking rain.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: solitary00
Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Preach

Thats the other car I was considering... the a4 2.0T. I like the look of this model jetta over any other car though.

Supposedly the 1.8 is the one to have if you're looking to mod.

I've heard of some pretty insane power upgrades just from chips.

On the 2.0 and 2.3, not so much.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 6:04pm
Yea, I'm already looking into a chip to boost the horse power and improve the turbo. It's going to cost me about $300.

-------------

Posted By: P00Lsin
Date Posted: 01/April/2007 at 6:38pm
I just let my rich daddy buy me a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Convertible in orange, I would take a picture but i can't find my fucking camera

-------------

Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 02/April/2007 at 5:30am
nice ride tho for real preach, even if it's dirty.

Date Posted: 02/April/2007 at 7:10am
I CUT JOO MANG!

-------------

Posted By: Preludedude
Date Posted: 02/April/2007 at 12:18pm
  Nice car dude you should go to my myspace site and check out why they call me preludedude ;p. 
Myspace.com/preludedude

-------------
Hungry Why Wait, Grab a humanoid!
Justarius/Shadowvyne

Posted By: Midnyght
Date Posted: 03/April/2007 at 6:28pm
Nice car preach, and congrats on both.

-------------

Posted By: NakataH
Date Posted: 03/April/2007 at 11:44pm
lol american cars D:

"Driving stick" is default here for anybody wanting to drive.. we dont have automatics D: atleast not ones im aware of..

-------------

Date Posted: 04/April/2007 at 1:03am
well, Volkswagen is obviously german...do you mean that Volkswagens sold in europe do not come with the option of automatic transmission? with a lot of the new european cars sold in the US you can get an automatic transmission that also allows you to switch into a manual shift mode, called sequential manual shift or tiptronic (with no need for a clutch). they dont have this option in the cars sold in europe?

-------------

Date Posted: 04/April/2007 at 7:25am
Mine has the tiptronic... haven't tried it yet, but it's there.

-------------

Posted By: Preludedude
Date Posted: 04/April/2007 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Preach

Mine has the tiptronic... haven't tried it yet, but it's there.

You should try it man. It actually decent shifting abilities for an auto . I love my 5 speed tho seems to be alot better for racing to me.

-------------
Hungry Why Wait, Grab a humanoid!
Justarius/Shadowvyne

Posted By: Holt
Date Posted: 04/April/2007 at 2:53pm
Ya Preach I wouldnt have the patience to drive a stick it would make me mad... that and I drive a truck and trucks should not me made in manual transmissions.  Also about the tiptronic shifting, my dads "68 GTO has it.   And the car is sick Preach.

Date Posted: 04/April/2007 at 3:54pm
the tiptronic is fun. im not entirely sure if it allows you to go to the redline like you can with a real manual transmission, but it makes for some nice responsive acceleration.

-------------

Posted By: fenix
Date Posted: 04/April/2007 at 6:16pm
i dont see how yall hate manual so much. all the people i've talked to that have learned it say they're sooo glad they did. as for manuals in trucks, my truck is a manual and i love it. its extremely useful!

-------------

Posted By: Dvsone
Date Posted: 07/April/2007 at 2:57am
Originally posted by razor851

When I saw "new baby" I literally thought you had a "new baby." Silly me.
I'd hate to see a little Pshielding infant crawling around the house.

Oh, congrats on the car though, she's a beauty!
haha dont feel bad i did too but went further to ask if it was a girl or boy rofl oh well nice car preach. grats!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window