Forum Discription: All things Planetside related
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1989
Printed Date: 14/May/2024 at 6:31am

Topic: New CE
Posted By: Stairway
Subject: New CE
Date Posted: 26/February/2007 at 4:34pm
Got this from the Commandrank 5 forums.

Development Uplink – Exclusive Look at Deployables!
You may have seen some of the deployables a few weeks ago but as we get closer to test we thought it would be neat to give everyone a look at what they may look like in action!

Aegis Cloaking Shield
http://planetside.station.sony.com/images/features/devuplink/22307/aegisclose.jpg

Osprey Field Turret
http://planetside.station.sony.com/images/features/devuplink/22307/ospreyfront.jpg

Tank TRAP
http://planetside.station.sony.com/images/features/devuplink/22307/tanktrap.jpg

We also mentioned that we would try to get you a movie, we were able to get one however it is a pre-production movie, and just a glimpse as to what the mount animation would look like in game. It will look much better in game, for sure!

Turret Mount Video at http://planetside.station.sony.com/images/features/devuplink/22307/turret_mount1.mov

- Raijinn.

Replies:
Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 26/February/2007 at 6:05pm

sweet.

I'm a huge CE whore, thus why im trying to get my alt up to 23 so I can have room for these suckers. at 3 cert points for each one(+ 5 for the base) this is gonna be like having a BFR alt, with not a lot else(prolly drop AV).

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 26/February/2007 at 7:19pm
i'm afraid they are a little too late trying to bring life back into this game.   2 years too late

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: Midnyght
Date Posted: 26/February/2007 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Goffin

i'm afraid they are a little too late trying to bring life back into this game.   2 years too late

For sure, the game was released in 2003 hit a peak in 2004 players started dropping in 2005 since then it spiraled down till now...2007. Like I said before they should be working on Planetside 2 with a new less buggy engine instead of wasting the time and effort with updating this game 4 years after release, years after they lost a lot of their player base.

-------------

Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 1:14am
isn't their active dev team just 2 people?

Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Fidelio

isn't their active dev team just 2 people?

I think they started out with 4 and now they have 1.    Seems about right.

-------------

Posted By: P00Lsin
Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 9:39am
lol i still find PS fun :P... btw how do u do sigs on these forums?

Posted By: solitary00
Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 10:46am
Meh.....

Making CE even noobier....

Taking bets on this spiking the rate of boomer bugs again..

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 11:04am
as if driving an enforcer wasent hard enough alriady.

not that i dont like the new CE, i just think it will mean allot less Buggy's around.
they will go from almost non-existant, to extinct...

Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 3:09pm
being a non-vehicle guy (sans bfr) ever since the AV buff, the new CE is just more fun stuff to play with frankly.

Just imagine putting up tank traps near a bridge, along with EMP mines+regular mines+spits+flak spits+a turret to take out enemies, say Gunuku bridge for example.

And b/c it's a new thing, EVERYONE will have them lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 3:19pm
Yeah.... 

I'm imagining a farm of AA spits and "cloaked" spits......

Real fun.......

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 3:36pm
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000006888 - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000006888

Full list. Increase in everything by 5 if you get fortifications LOLZ

Personally, I can't wait for this stuff, this might be the best update PS has had pre-core combat.

One thing to think about...at least early on...a LOT of people will drop HA/AV/SA/REXO to use this stuff, adn just use MA. Which means pwnage for the higher BRS who use HA+REXO(or who prefer agile like myself).

-------------

Date Posted: 27/February/2007 at 4:02pm
I need you guys to qoute my responce about MORE LOADOUT spots. WIth all this new CE, we could sure use a few more spots(plus it's a good a time as any to try and get this after 4 years).

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?start=75&topic_id=88000006888 - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?start=75&topic_id=88000006888

-------------

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 7:48am
no

-------------

Posted By: Jbanicar
Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 9:41am
Que?

-------------

Posted By: Bhopx
Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 12:59pm
some good, some bad...but unfortunately mostly bad.

cloaked spits + flak spits + deployable manned turrets + upgradable base turrets = garbage.

basically the only things i like on there are increased max for overall CE and deployable equipment terms. everything else is a massive nerf to air (flak spits, upgradable base turrets into flak turrets) and vehicles (traps, disruptor mines, upgradable base turrets into AV turrets). all this is gonna do is make fights last longer and longer. these devs should go back to evercrack and design some new magic staffs to stick up eachothers asses and stop messing with an FPS.

-------------

Posted By: PrISM
Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 1:31pm
Maybe they should spend the time and money on fixing the bugs, crashes and sh*tty code rather than garbage content.

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 6:47pm
indeed bhop, vehicleside takes another hit. Frankly I dont go out in vehicles b/c they are just death traps sooner than later, I like surviving longer than 5min.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Tybox

indeed bhop, vehicleside takes another hit. Frankly I dont go out in vehicles b/c they are just death traps sooner than later, I like surviving longer than 5min.

Bullsh*t, you like gunning for me.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 9:05pm
heh

-------------

Posted By: [Hoe]
Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 9:56pm

PlanetSide Subscription Information

We want to give you some important information regarding your PlanetSide subscription. Effective April 2, 2007, the new monthly subscription rate will increase by US$2.00 to US$14.99 per month (not including applicable taxes). The new subscription rates will apply to all PlanetSide subscription plans including multi-month subscriptions (please see new rates listed below).

We know that rate increases are never popular but over the course of the past several years we have invested in technology and resources to expand the game's service and support infrastructure. We have also incurred increases in operational and bandwidth costs  all without a corresponding rate increase for PlanetSide. We are proud of the progress we have made for you, our customers, in the areas of game experience and customer support enhancements and efficiency. This change is driven by our sincere commitment to provide a consistently high quality entertainment experience in our game worlds.

You don't have to do a thing; you will automatically be migrated to the new rate under your existing subscription plan when your current subscription plan comes up for renewal on or after April 2, 2007. We appreciate your support and look forward to your continued participation in the world of PlanetSide.

New PlanetSide subscription rates as of April 2, 2007

Monthly Subscription Plan:
US$14.99 per month

Multi-month Subscription Plans:
$41.99 - 3 Month Subscription
$77.99 - 6 Month Subscription
$143.99 - 12 Month Subscription

PlanetSide subscriptions are recurring, meaning you will continue to be billed at the appropriate subscription interval, until you affirmatively cancel your subscription. Subscription fees are subject to tax and value-added tax, as applicable.

For more information about the rate adjustment please visit the knowledge base entry:
http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11465 - http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11465

=====================

looks like we are buying the new CE

-------------

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 10:13pm
Lolz yeah pretty rediculous.

Anyone heard of a game 4 years old RAISING the sub?

-------------

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 10:18pm

We are proud of the progress we have made for you, our customers, in the areas of game experience and customer support enhancements and efficiency. This change is driven by our sincere commitment to provide a consistently high quality entertainment experience in our game worlds.

After reading that, Im in complete shock. I must have missed somthing...

-------------

Date Posted: 28/February/2007 at 10:55pm
oh my god...once i saw subscription fees i was like, oh maybe they are lowering subscription fees to try and lure people back.

bullsh*t that they have higher bandwidth costs. they have been cutting bandwidth like its going out of style for the past 2+ years. its called subscriptions are at an all time low and they need to increase the monthly fee to justify keeping the game running.

-------------

Posted By: Bluescales
Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 12:27am
Oh man...whens this new possibly delightful equipment supposed to come out? Hell, I might rejoin for that...

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 6:58am
Wow.....  Looks like I'm unsubbing for good now.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 8:37am
Probably the first post I created on that sh*t hole of a forum in over 2 years.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000007096 - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000007096

It was only a matter a time before I canceled my subscription but thankfully this little stunt soe is going to pull has confirmed it.

See you guys around before april 2nd.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 9:35am

lol   I guess I should've read the forums before posting that.   Seems this topic has been discussed in several chat rooms.     Oh well.  

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 9:51am
the more it is posted, the higher chance they will realise this will kill this game.

then again, most likely they will just watch it die and go 'What did we do wrong?'

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 3:57pm
Anyone else make more than 2 dollars a day?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Jbanicar

I don't think its the actual money that is pissing people off (I would find it hard to believe that $2 is going to change anyones living conditions), but mainly principal. They are trying to charge us more for a game that they don't give two sh*ts about, and that really shows how low SOE is. And then trying to pass it off as they have taken care of the came and its community only adds insult to injury.

I will keep my account open, because I still enjoy the game for the time being. I think what SOE is doing is wrong, but I dont see it ending my planetside career permantley.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 4:38pm

Jban, you seem bright so i'm sure you can figure out that the topic of discussion has nothing to do about affording a $ 2 increase of monthly fees.

/shoo  

-------------

Posted By: LaptiNek
Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 4:41pm
Agreed w/ Stairway,

Overall the difference of $2 is very minimal. Hell, I pay $2 in tolls just to get to work every day but it's the principles of a game in which population, new content and bug fixes have been on the decline.

It seems SOE bends over backwards to get players to play (i.e., fodders) but punishes those who have been faithful in making payments for all these years.

-------------
Baron Sengir, Ahriman Corps

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 5:14pm

the game isnt even worth paying $5 a month, what on earth have they done to justify a 15% increase in monthly fees? usually when the quality of your product goes down you dont increase the price.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/March/2007 at 7:34pm
Well, I just see it as me not having bought anything new in the past several months, so there has been no other game expenses for me.  And I have been extremely busy when all these new movies have been coming out, meaning no 7$ movie ticket (Departed / Smokin Aces, etc)....

I agree that they have nothing to show for the increase, but they do have other games that while they to suck, are seeing development, not just PSide. 

Regardless, I just don't care enough to flame about it, because in the end, we all know Planetside isn't GOTY material (.... of the Year) so what is there to prove or disprove.

yawn

-------------

Print Page | Close Window