Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1697
Printed Date: 12/May/2024 at 2:09pm

Topic: Xbox 360: Gears of war
Posted By: Verdant Force
Subject: Xbox 360: Gears of war
Date Posted: 04/November/2006 at 9:13pm
If you have a 360, i seriously suggest you do not pass this tittle up. i will be coming out soon, and will DEFINITLY be the biggest tittles on the 360 for a good long while, and maybe (probably) surpass even halo 3 ( because of the sh*tty attemp of a game they made of halo 2 ). so if you have a 360, pick it up, if your skeptical rent it, hop on live, and me Goffin are sure to be there to frag it up with ya ;)

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=8135754912512251159&q=gears+of+war - http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=8135754912512251159&q=gears+of+war

Replies:
Posted By: Jbanicar
Date Posted: 04/November/2006 at 9:32pm
Getting abit ahead of yourself, aren't you Verdant?  Better than a game that's not even out yet, let alone the [actual] game, Gears of War being out.

-------------

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 04/November/2006 at 9:47pm

The camera view would get on my nerves pretty quickly, both in aiming and just the normal view.  Plus, killing humans > killing aliens. 

....GET TO DA CHOPPA

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Date Posted: 04/November/2006 at 10:01pm

not really Jban, i base my opinion on what Bungie has turned into over the past several years. they used to be a game companie that made games that evrebody could be good at, but few could be great. now its just the opposite, they make games that try to nullify any difrence in the players skill levels.

they have turned from a truely great game companie to complete sell outs that only care about how big their profits are. they have good marketing, thats about it.

Posted By: Jersey
Date Posted: 05/November/2006 at 1:11am
Dosnt look like it offers anything different from a normal run of the mil 3rd person shooter. I would prolly rent it though.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/November/2006 at 2:35am
Lol, I'm not so sure how you can draw those heavy-handed conclusions based off of the progress from just two games (Halo 1 ---> 2)... abit... extreme?

You didn't find that on a website, did you? lol (just kidding, humor only).

Honestly, I'm not debating the game opinions with you; I just wanted to point out how you're using the reasoning. 

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 7:09am
This game is a lot of hype.   Hopefully it won't let me down.

Jban,   /shoo

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: maxaris
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 9:12am
I dont see them shelling out this much cash for something that wont bring something back

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148029&skip=yes - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148029&skip=yes

-------------

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 4:03pm
Consoles=teh suck.

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Tybox

Consoles=teh suck.

Take
That
Back
!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06/November/2006 at 10:54pm
Dont blame him stair, he just dosent know better :P

Posted By: Fayaz
Date Posted: 08/November/2006 at 4:16pm
Just spent a few hours today playing Gears of War in HD.. simply amazing..

-------------

Date Posted: 08/November/2006 at 5:28pm
Really awesome, indeed.

-------------

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 08/November/2006 at 5:57pm
I saw some videos of it, pretty cool.

But still, on average, consoles blow the donkey dong compared to PC.

Don't get me started again! lol

-------------

Date Posted: 08/November/2006 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Tybox

I saw some videos of it, pretty cool.

But still, on average, consoles blow the donkey dong compared to PC.

Don't get me started again! lol

Online is better for PC, but single player games will always be better on Consoles.  Besides you dont have to pour as much money into a Console then you do a PC (My GFX card could buy me a Xbox 360 or a PS3).

-------------

Date Posted: 08/November/2006 at 11:09pm
actualy, online on the 360 is just as good as PC, unless you get a 12 year old on your team. then yes, its much worse...

Fayaz, you wouldent happen to have a 360 would you?
or anybody else who i dont have on my buddy list yet...

if so, whats your Gamertag, we should try to get a game going this week end :D

Posted By: Bhopx
Date Posted: 08/November/2006 at 11:51pm
xbox 360 games are pretty bad so far arent they?

the most promising looking console in terms of launch games looks like nintendo Wii imo...mainly because of zelda, super smash, metroid, etc...PS3 games look o.k., but the fact that PS3 has a built in blu-ray player gives it a pretty good edge with people that have HDTVs...360 with all its bugs (my friend has had his replaced twice), bad games, etc...seems like its the least attractive of the three to me.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 12:30am
no, allot of the games are great. altho the selection is still small, the other concoles arent even out yet, microsoft is keeping the really good games for when the others enter the market.

IE, they just released gears of war, and the other concoles are coming out this month. i would not be surprized at ALL if they released halo 3 a few days prior to release of the PS3. i mean they have been working on it since they started halo 2 

its obvious halo 2 was a VERRY stripped down version of what halo 2 was ment to be on xbox 360, but Microsoft says screw Bungie's Rep, release a half arsed game and make tons of moolah

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 2:06pm
Gears of war rox my sox off

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: dragonmasta
Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 2:37pm
Gears of War looks amazing.  Has some of the best reviews so I'll be picking mine up today after work. :P

Posted By: fenix
Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 6:21pm
<- lefenix

i had forgotten the game was coming out until i was at the store buying ff12 for my roomie the day before its release... i decided to go ahead and reserve my copy for an entire... 15 hours

-------------

Date Posted: 09/November/2006 at 7:58pm
gears of war is the only highly rated xbox 360 exclusive game, the rest are like NHL 2k7, madden 2k7, etc...

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 4:41am
NHL 07 is actually really good. If Im the only hockey fan who reads these forums obviously I might be waisting my time.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:38am
this game is AWSOME, so awsome i cant think of a way to describe it, but i think i can quote one of the girls i was playing with earlier

"If i was a man i would need a tissue"

that being said, i have two small drawbacks/complaints

1. maximum Multiplayer game i 8 people, 4 vs 4, but that serves verry well to promote teamplay, since you can bring others back and stuff. the number works verry nicely. so it can be a good or bad thing, depending on the kind of game you are looking for, but the action is always there.

2. the controls are a LITTLe tricky at first.. the A button seams to do evrething but butter toast. hitting it at the wrong time will send you diving into a bunch of enemy mobs instaid of hiding behind a crate or a tree or a ... ect

the 2 player co-op is simply incredible, me and my buddy have been playing it ( and some versus )so long i only have a few hours to sleep befor i go to work :( oh well, time well spent. this is definitly a must try game, even if you dont have a 360, ask your friend who does.

Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Verdant Force

2. the controls are a LITTLe tricky at first.. the A button seams to do evrething but butter toast. hitting it at the wrong time will send you diving into a bunch of enemy mobs instaid of hiding behind a crate or a tree or a ... ect

you're wrong... it butters toast too

you might have already posted it, but what is your gamertag?

-------------

Posted By: Avenger
Date Posted: 10/November/2006 at 6:04pm
The thing about it that I don't really like is that there's no indication as to where you're aiming unless you're holding down L, which means you're moving slower.  I dunno, I thought it was kinda annoying 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 12:18am
Nice sig

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Avenger

The thing about it that I don't really like is that there's no indication as to where you're aiming unless you're holding down L, which means you're moving slower.  I dunno, I thought it was kinda annoying 

thats sorta the point, giving up mobility for aiming acuracy ;).. but if you really care that much about it, get a sticker or somthing and stick it in the center of your screen :p

my gamer tag is

Verdant One

Posted By: donut
Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 6:08pm
that game looks really cool, but is that the only really good game out for the 360 now or are there any others? and what's a good price to buy the 360 for, if anyone knows?

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 6:45pm
360 is selling for like $299.99 now i think...and yeh that seems to be the only really good xbox 360 exclusive game out so far according to the reviews ive looked at.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Bhopx

360 is selling for like $299.99 now i think...and yeh that seems to be the only really good xbox 360 exclusive game out so far according to the reviews ive looked at.

Thats for the icky core system with wired controller and no hard drive and HD output.

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 7:13pm
wired controller > Wireless.

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by dragonmasta

Originally posted by Bhopx

Thats for the icky core system with wired controller and no hard drive and HD output.

ah ok, then its 399.99. and you still have to spend 199.99 if you want the separate attachment that can play HD DVDs, bleh...that should have been built into the system just like how PS3 has blu-ray built in, imo.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 8:57pm

Then the xbox 360 woudl of cost just as much as the PS3 ;)

im not going to it for a Dvd player, i dont want to pay for the extra that im not going to use..

Posted By: donut
Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 9:11pm

any other good games coming out for it anytime soon? (Halo 3 maybe?)

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 9:28pm
Isnt the new Halo going to be an RTS and not an FPS.  I think I read that somewhere or maybe Im just crazy....or maybe its both?

-------------

Date Posted: 11/November/2006 at 11:17pm
Halo 3's current drop date is November 1st 2007.  Dunno anything about it being an RTS but i doubt it.  Also currently don't care about playing HD DVDs as HD TVs cost too damn much as do blueray DVDs. 

Date Posted: 12/November/2006 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Stairway

Isnt the new Halo going to be an RTS and not an FPS.  I think I read that somewhere or maybe Im just crazy....or maybe its both?

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/27/ms-announces-halo-wars-a-new-rts/ - halo wars

-------------

Date Posted: 20/November/2006 at 1:19am
Extended Video, pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8

-------------

Date Posted: 20/November/2006 at 1:33am
Funny thing... the sceene in that movie is not in the game...

but anyway, its a good game

Edit:

now that i think about it, this is probably how he was 'Captured'

now, ok, nothing in the game says he was captured, but throut the entire game you get a Glimpse of what his past was. people call him a trator, and he keeps getting flashbacks, but you never learn of his past. i cant say anything else without giving away some spoilers.

but, i can say.

Gears of Wars takes place 14 years AFTER Emergance day, thats 14 years after these things started to pop out of the ground. with all the refrences to the main charecters past, the next GoW game will probably be 14 years earlier. but at the end of the game they also set it up for a sequal... so it could go either way

Print Page | Close Window