Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1644
Printed Date: 19/June/2024 at 4:33am

Topic: N. Korea scare you?
Posted By: Tybox
Subject: N. Korea scare you?
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 5:27pm
http://www.g2mil.com/korea.htm - http://www.g2mil.com/korea.htm

What say you Preach? You served in that region for awhile.

Kind of interesting considering all the nuclear posturing right now.

This guy off base? It also is a few years old I believe too.

Replies:
Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 5:33pm
i'll only be scared of a country with nukes when we exhausted our own.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 5:36pm

The only thing I am concerned about is if they attack South Korea with conventional and nuclear forces, mainly because they are being pinned into a corner with recent U.N. sanctions, and said "this is a declaration of war." More posturing perhaps.

Luckily, with them being such a rogue state atm(no one likes them much) the U.S. and other forces probably could retaliate using nukes as well(smaller ones, artilery etc) but at the cost of humanitarian backlash. According to many reports like the one above, our allies wouldn't have to resort to that even, just using conventional means the North collapses.

Hell, the North might just implode with all their internal issues. Kim-Jung-Ill: "Food? Nah, we don't need food,just order more weapons!" It worked for the USSR....lol.

I wonder if we would install a draft if we got into with them...we are already  spread pretty thin.

-------------

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 5:51pm

The notion that they even have nukes is still unknown, according to them, they do, but the seismic reading after it was tested was 1/50th of what the norm was for the last tested nuke.  To me, it seems that they merely did this as a threat and blew up a bunch of conventional weapons to cover the bluff. 

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: Preach
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 6:36pm
Tybo,

That guy has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. I read that entire page. I'll leave it at that.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 6:44pm

So does the North pose a realistic threat in your opinion?

He makes the Iraqi comparison, which seems to hold some weight in my mind knowing the background of each country, although N. Korea seemingly has the better military overall.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by AquaNox

The notion that they even have nukes is still unknown, according to them, they do, but the seismic reading after it was tested was 1/50th of what the norm was for the last tested nuke.  To me, it seems that they merely did this as a threat and blew up a bunch of conventional weapons to cover the bluff. 

The US confirmed it was nuclear, as well as other agencies saying the same thing.

That's just what I heard on official news reports, and it seems pretty reliable info.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 7:08pm
I'd rather not comment further on the topic.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 7:34pm
Alrighty.

-------------

Posted By: maxaris
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 8:28pm
who was it that said north korea is so evil they dont even have color, and you dont f**k with that type of evil

-------------

Posted By: Jersey
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 9:33pm
Lewis Black. But I believe it was said in the bible or something.

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 17/October/2006 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Tybox

Originally posted by AquaNox

The US confirmed it was nuclear, as well as other agencies saying the same thing.

That's just what I heard on official news reports, and it seems pretty reliable info.

when was it confirmed? sure they talk like they KNOW it happened 23 hours a day, but catch them in that last hour they will say its all speculation.

yes north korea did say they did do it( and i have seen no other source that comfirmes it 100%), but their leader is a psycho paranoid bastard who thinks evre other country is out to get him ( mainly USA ). faking a nuke test with conventional weapons is using an old stratagy 'The threat of power is power'.

would you invade a country that could POSSIBLY have a nuke, and probalby would use it? they probably dont, but is it worth the risk?

il shut up now befor i make a bigger fool of myself :D

Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 1:03am
conventional weapons don't produce gamma ray bursts.

Posted By: Raikonnen
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 6:22am
Nuclear weapons are retarded no matter WHO has em? Stupid invention, by stupid people, which is probably gonna be the death knell for god knows how many people.

By the way, I served on one of britains V-Class Submarines. The ones with our nuclear weapons on. You'd be surprised how many serving Naval Ratings felt the same way.

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/vanguard/ - http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/vanguard/

-------------

Posted By: Midnyght
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 10:36am

I do not worry or fear about things I cannot control...there is no point.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 10:41am

I am not sure who said it but I do like this quote:

" I don't know what weapons will be used in World War III but I do know what weapons will be used in World War IV....sticks and stones"

-------------

Posted By: Fayaz
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 2:24pm
Regardless of what N. Korea's cooking in its kitchen, the whole situation is still considered "unfinished business". The world's earlier intervention in the 50s definitely didn't have the success Desert Storm did in Iraq much later, but it would be foolish to think that foreign powers will let this one slide.

Still though, it's been well over 50 years, there's a reason they call it the Forgotten War. And one has to question if there's any real benefit to finding (imposing) a peaceful (financially rewarding) resolve.

Ahh.. politics...

Aristotle was wrong. Man is not a political animal. Politicians are political animals, and some really don't deserve that "political" qualifier.

-------------

Posted By: Aled
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Midnyght

I am not sure who said it but I do like this quote:

" I don't know what weapons will be used in World War III but I do know what weapons will be used in World War IV....sticks and stones"

Albert Einstein :)

-------------

Posted By: Fayaz
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 2:49pm
Well well.. look who decided to check in.. hey Aled

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 4:21pm
Everybody knows that nobody wins in a nuke fight. 

You don't see osma blowing his ass up for his cause.  There's a reason behind this.

Germ warfare > nukes    

I would take nuclear incineration in a heart beat as opposed to some of the viruses that have been produced that makes your skin fall off, your eyes bleed and having your penis turn into a desert cactus.     That's scary stuff.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Goffin

You don't see osma blowing his ass up for his cause.  There's a reason behind this.

Germ warfare > nukes    

I would take nuclear incineration in a heart beat as opposed to some of the viruses that have been produced that makes your skin fall off, your eyes bleed and having your penis turn into a desert cactus.     That's scary stuff.

Nukes can still do that, lots in Hiroshima and Nagasaki lived in the immediate, but were left totally f**ked years later because of the radiation.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 6:38pm

Germ warfare > nukes    

I totally agree with you Goff....eventually someone is going to make a virus that has like 1 month period where it shows no sympthoms and release it in a public place. These people will go off and get other people infected and those get more infected and when the month goes by the people first infected will die and about time they trace it back to when and where half the world will be dead, no one will know who or why, and blame it on the 12 Monkeys

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 6:51pm

Germ warfare > nukes    

I totally agree with you Goff....eventually someone is going to make a virus that has like 1 month period where it shows no sympthoms and release it in a public place. These people will go off and get other people infected and those get more infected and when the month goes by the people first infected will die and about time they trace it back to when and where half the world will be dead, no one will know who or why, and blame it on the 12 Monkeys

Well Since you said that if this situation ever arises, I'm sending teh FBI to your house!

-------------

Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Stairway

Germ warfare > nukes    

Well Since you said that if this situation ever arises, I'm sending teh FBI to your house!

I guess you never seen that movie...vvd

-------------

Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by Stairway

Germ warfare > nukes    

I guess you never seen that movie...vvd

I saw it. It f**ked with my mind more than any of Sol's drunken outbursts.

-------------

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 18/October/2006 at 11:56pm
Yeah, Planet of the Apes was a mind boggler..

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 12:13am
you guys should watch ye ole terry gilliam film, Brazil. 

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 12:14am
I have that on DVD Fid!

-------------

Posted By: Jersey
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 1:26am
I dont think I can look at Kim Jong Ill and not laugh. Especially after watchin "team america."

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 3:50am
lol death.

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Interpol

Germ warfare > nukes    

Nukes can still do that, lots in Hiroshima and Nagasaki lived in the immediate, but were left totally f**ked years later because of the radiation.

you're forgetting my friend that we dropped two atomic bombs not nuclear.   If we did,  that place would still be considered an enviromental waste dump.    Just like trinoble is today.  

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: NakataH
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 10:07am

Germ warfare > nukes    

you're forgetting my friend that we dropped two atomic bombs not nuclear.   If we did,  that place would still be considered an enviromental waste dump.    Just like trinoble is today.  

um o_O

where is that lol

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 10:58am

I saw it. It f**ked with my mind more than any of Sol's drunken outbursts.

Yeah send Bruce Willis back and forth through time and he ends up failing in the end anyways and realises when he was a boy he seen himself die...weird sh*t.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 11:00am

nuetron bomb kills everyone and keeps everything in tacked and no radiation fallout, but didn't they stopped the research on them?

-------------

Posted By: Jbanicar
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 11:21am
Nerds talking nukes is funny.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 2:41pm
beware oort cloud nukes

Posted By: BoothRedux
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 2:46pm
http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

-------------
Lies become legend, but fear is forever.

Posted By: BoothRedux
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 2:49pm
http://www.korea-dpr.com/

pretty crappy website for a country -_-

-------------
Lies become legend, but fear is forever.

Print Page | Close Window