Forum Name: Planetside
Forum Discription: All things Planetside related
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1484
Printed Date: 21/September/2024 at 5:34pm

Topic: A friend departs
Posted By: Isabel
Subject: A friend departs
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 12:37am

Today Jen officially retired from the game. She gave me her account as mentioned in my app but requested that I retire all of her characters and make my own if I use it.

With that it seems a bit silly to say you can miss someone over a video game but I miss her already. Even though we're friends in real life and I see her almost everyday. I know I'm weird.

She wanted to make a final video and so we did. Let me know what you think, what I can improve on, etc...

Jenni Wrote:
"I've had a long run in this game and to be honest even though many unsatisfying additives came out over the past 3 years I never lost interest in Planetside and I never actually quit the game before.

Remember the days Surgile ruled supreme? Or when you could only have one empire on any given server. Wow can remember Konried and Johari? And the supreme Lancer? Many things have changed in this game arguably for better or worse but still though, we all found overselves re-subing that subscription.

My PS career started as a VS on Emerald named Imagine. NC on Markov named Jenni. And TR on Werner named Jenni. I met a lot of people on Markov back when it was a better server than it is currently and some of those people I will never forget. Dev, Krazyklown, and the Hostile Takeover outfit and 101 Airborne outfit.

I came back to Emerald some years later when Markov tried to play a small invasion on Emerald. The outfit was called Gods of Markov and was made on the VS side.

Since then I've played both servers, trained two brand new players coming into the game- Nicole on Markov which ended up joining an outfit called Equal Opportunity Killers and Isabel here on Emerald.

But life as they says moves on. I'm 22 years old, getting married, and expecting a little one in 7 months time. Video games just aren't a priority anymore.

I never played the game everyday for hours on end so for anyone that knew me, my heart goes out to you and I hope you the best in the future. To everyone that didn't, that's alright. My heart and best wishes go out to you too.

I have officially given my account over to my best friend so someone let me know if it gets abused! As a final video I give you "Without" It's file front and I know you all hate filefront but it is good for free hosting. I am sorry."

http://files.filefront.com/WithoutUswmv/;5479531;;/fileinfo.html - http://files.filefront.com/WithoutUswmv/;5479531;;/fileinfo.html

-------------
Sometimes it takes a woman

Replies:
Posted By: Preach
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Isabel

http://files.filefront.com/WithoutUswmv/;5479531;;/fileinfo.html - meatshield FTL

-------------

Posted By: donut
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 1:10am
I liked the music..and you didn't show clips of killing me, so all in all that was a cool vid  

Posted By: Interpol
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 1:57am

Nice video.

Fine footage from both ends.

And same with donut, thanks for not showing footage where you killed me... TK'd me that is

-------------

Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 2:56am
Who exactly did I meatshield? I can't help it if someone else goes first or what target the enemy decides to pick. I've been the first out plenty of times and there's plenty of footage there without someone else.

-------------

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 3:18am
I was getting sad I wasn't in any shots until that Vannie kill lol.

Earlier, that was me who put about 24 rockets into that BFR in the CY that you said KS on lol. Good times that night.

-------------

Posted By: Xenetic
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 4:22am
Great vid Isa, You guys use a VCR to record?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 11:30am

Sorry Tybo for the KS.

Xenetic we used Fraps.

-------------

Posted By: Jersey
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 12:16pm
Gunna catch me ridin dirty

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 12:59pm
Nice vid..

Especially pwning trang  :D

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: Jbanicar
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 2:36pm
Last half was better than the firs; music flowed decently...

3.5/5 stars.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 2:44pm
Last half was Jenni's part, I'm not that good with a sweeper or a knife.
Funny thing is she shot all that in about an hour one night while I spent like 2 one night and 1 hour the next.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 3:03pm
hmm, its been a while but last time i tried using fraps, I got like 1 fps.

-------------

Posted By: akribitz
Date Posted: 09/September/2006 at 6:55pm
neat and I dunno what preach is talking about meatshield. there was only 1 fight where she wasnt the first one in

-------------

Posted By: TrangOul
Date Posted: 10/September/2006 at 3:14pm
gewd video (esccept for the rap).. and yes i was pwnd by teh jenni

-------------

Posted By: Jersey
Date Posted: 11/September/2006 at 3:22am
As i Lay dying is awesome Trang!

Date Posted: 11/September/2006 at 3:40am
Trang is a bit obsessed.

-------------

Posted By: MadDawg
Date Posted: 11/September/2006 at 12:33pm
Good movie, enjoyed the MCG shots :).  When I get my new computer i'll be trying to make a movie.  When I finish i'll have to post for all of you guys/girl to see.

Date Posted: 11/September/2006 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Xenetic

Trang is a bit sexy.

yeah i know, right?!

-------------

Posted By: ap0ck
Date Posted: 12/September/2006 at 2:11am
i like your emo picture trang.  :)

-------------

Posted By: NakataH
Date Posted: 12/September/2006 at 2:20am
tsk.

Trang is such an emo lover, i remember that last sig you had and you sent me a song on xfire, the guy was practically crying while singing and im sure i could hear the sound of a packet of razer blades being opened in the background.

Happy hardcore is where its at.

Posted By: Raikonnen
Date Posted: 12/September/2006 at 3:48am
Happy Hardcore...You are such a CHAV! :P

I used to listen to happy hardcore when I was 12, hanging around on street corners with me £1 bottle of Cider and me 10 regal kingsize! :P

"WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE NIIIGHT!"

Posted By: NakataH
Date Posted: 12/September/2006 at 12:43pm
yes not that sort and not hanging around street corners waiting to be infected with some STD from a little slut who will tell you she is pregnant and try get child support from you

Posted By: solitary00
Date Posted: 12/September/2006 at 1:33pm
I think the problem with you british folk is your lack of appreciation for sluts.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Date Posted: 13/September/2006 at 12:13am
i would completely own you guys with an incredible comeback but.. im tired and dont have one.

-------------

Posted By: Tizzak
Date Posted: 14/September/2006 at 1:18am
it wont let me download it :(

Posted By: j0k3rCPG
Date Posted: 15/September/2006 at 4:54pm
Sweet vid!

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 15/September/2006 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by j0k3rCPG

Sweet vid!

*looks at sig*
 WHST DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE GIGGLES!!!

-------------

Posted By: j0k3rCPG
Date Posted: 15/September/2006 at 5:56pm

ARGH!!

-------------

Posted By: silverdave
Date Posted: 28/September/2006 at 7:34am

<3 the vid i wish i had a decent computer to make a video but 5fps with fraps running kinda limits me at this point

Print Page | Close Window