Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=724
Printed Date: 04/August/2024 at 5:36am

Topic: Anyone who...
Posted By: Aled
Subject: Anyone who...
Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 7:58am
Knows quite a bit about overclocking gfx cards, please send me a message on xfire (aledther0x0r), aim (aledther0x0r) or MSN (admin@plebweb.com)

Thanks.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Preach
Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 8:46am
Wut is overkluking?

-------------

Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Preach

Wut is overkluking?

lolz. No, I have a tool which finds the max speed for the GPU and the Memory for me. I'm kinda just wondering, do I wanna go for a higher GPU speed, a higher memory speed or both?

-------------

Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 9:04am
Of course you go for both. The key is finding the highest STABLE overclock for both of them. I don't use any "tools" that auto overclock, I manually adjust the core and memory speed by 5 each time and run stability tests.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 9:26am
I'm a bit of a nub tbh. How do I run stability tests, or change them myself? Keep in mind I'm using a Radeon x800 Pro right now.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 9:52am
For an ATI card use RivaTuner. This program will let you adjust the core and memory speeds individually. Get the 3dMark demo, or just use your favorite game to test the overclock. You want to find the highest stable, artifact free, speeds on both.

Question: Do you really need to overclock your video card? Are you overclocking the rest of your system also?

-------------

Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Preach

For an ATI card use RivaTuner. This program will let you adjust the core and memory speeds individually. Get the 3dMark demo, or just use your favorite game to test the overclock. You want to find the highest stable, artifact free, speeds on both.

Question: Do you really need to overclock your video card? Are you overclocking the rest of your system also?

I don't know how to overclock anything else. So no :P

EDIT: Also, I just want better frames in PS tbh.

-------------

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 4:36pm

Overclocking makes me nervous.

for a 10-20 FPS increase, you risk fragging your PC?

My power supply just blew up, so I am rather cautious atm.

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 26/February/2006 at 6:03pm

Aled Overclocking your Grafix card wont help much in huge battles.. you might get 1-5 FPS more max,i get 200 fps at sanc or going around to place with no/little action, but when i go to the zerg, i drop to 25-30.

and yeah, ive had a power suply and a Mobo blow up on me befor, without overclocking, that plus im to lazy to figure out the perfect setting. lazyside owns me.

Print Page | Close Window