Forum Name: Planetside
Forum Discription: All things Planetside related
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1593
Printed Date: 03/July/2024 at 10:19am

Topic: yesterdays speed hacking cloaker
Posted By: SPRIGAN
Subject: yesterdays speed hacking cloaker
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:10pm
so I found how to spell his name on planetsidestats.....

IlIIIIIlllIIIIlIllllIII

this bastard was moving so fast my vs friends couldnt kill him in the spawn room because he ran out so fast

this is mostly for isabel since we were on at laka, all this guy was doing is warping to our amses and blowing up boomers as fast as he could lay them

Replies:
Posted By: MadDawg
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:35pm

He may not be speed hacking, could be dual coring...  Oh and DAMN YOU, I was healing my mos :(.  Lol.

-------------

Posted By: MadDawg
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:35pm
.. why is the font so big.

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:45pm
Mr "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" has been around a long time and nothing has never been done to him.   He moves so fast that he can actually lay a boomer on your ass and kill you even before you hear the sound of the boomer being laid down.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: maxaris
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by MadDawg

.. why is the font so big.

are you on drugs?

-------------

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Goffin

Mr "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" has been around a long time and nothing has never been done to him.   He moves so fast that he can actually lay a boomer on your ass and kill you even before you hear the sound of the boomer being laid down.

How hard is it to make ILILLILILILILIL names for fodderside? Could me multiple guys.

The bigger question is: how is he bypassing SOE anti-hack? Because if you noticed, this doesn't happen as much.

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 3:57pm
He's been doing this wayyyyyyy before fodderside.  He doesn't play much I know this much but when he's on,  he doesn't try to mask what he is doing in the least.

He did make multiple accounts using I's and L's and you would basically would have to do a ./who I then L thenI then L until you figured out his full name.

When I play emerald vs and see that punk ass,  I make sure to TK on sight!   I always wondered if this IiIiIiIiIiIiIiI dude was that trmonkey (or whatever) bitch that would always tk khemo.    Just a hunch.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: Isabel
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 5:49pm

As though going up against the VS in an interlink isn't hard enough, this guy was an insult to injury with his hacks or Dual Core exploits.

His name is a mixture of L's and I's looking like llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, making it almost impossible to report him because he doesn't "exist". I remember someone with the same name and/or pattern a while ago using the same exploits.

Now there are occassions when I can understand that maybe your Dual Core activated accidentally. There was a DespDT on the other day that brought the LLU from Kisin to Ghannon on foot in about a second. A couple of flags were raised but after that Desp (believed to be Despiron but don't quote me on that) stopped and then moved with normal speed from there on out. It was a bit unfair but at least the player had the decency to correct the issue without taking advantage of it. Therefore we never bothered to report it and never thought of him/her to be a cheater. Just accidental.

But this llllllllllllllll guy is blatant and SOE seriously needs to do something about it.

-------------
Sometimes it takes a woman

Posted By: Jbanicar
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 9:59pm
Accidentally activating? lol...

OOOPS DAMN LLU IS FINISHED, DAMN U DUAL CORE

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 03/October/2006 at 10:17pm
Believe me if your dual core acts up in game, you notice.  About 70% when I log in I have to alt tab out and turn off one of my cores.  Its unbelievable how some people say "Well I couldnt tell my Dual Core was activiated" when they can obviosly see they are running at the speed of light.  Ill fraps a video somtime of me just running around the sanc with both cores on, its crazy.

-------------

Posted By: Isabel
Date Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:01am
Well I don't have a Dual Core Processor so I wouldn't really know, just figured he was running the llu on foot and suddenly that's when it acted up.

-------------
Sometimes it takes a woman

Posted By: Jersey
Date Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:27am
Yeah that cock goblin has killed me before too. We spend like an hour trying to figure out his name to report him.

-------------

Posted By: t3hQuAcK
Date Posted: 09/January/2007 at 9:06am
Well, "dual-coring" could be considered a form of speed hacking as it speeds up the interpolation of your character movement on the screen. The problem remains is that of Planetside's with possible some blame be placed on SOE. When Client Side Hit Detection (CSHD) extrapolates (or gets) your input from the keyboard for movement prediction, it assigns timestamps to it. Now Planetside is obsol33t  in the way it receives these timestamps, it bypasses the Window's API and gets them from the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) which increments itself to provide the correct timestamps. Thus, with a dual-core system, Planetside is not taking advantage of the logic in the dual-core processors and the timestamps become incremented faster leading to faster interpolation of a person on your screen. I suggest anyone with an AMD dual-core system download the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer which fixes the incorrect timing effects.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html . If you find someone "dual-coring," I would just nicely tell them to download AMD's Dual-Core Optimizer, many of them do not know about this issue. You could possibly build upon my CSHD theories, and dead-reckon your shots for compensation of the faster interpolation, but its hard without Audio Amp to continually see where they are.

Posted By: Preach
Date Posted: 09/January/2007 at 9:31am

-------------

Posted By: P00Lsin
Date Posted: 09/January/2007 at 10:33am
lol i was thinking the same thing Preach. eQuack is just too techie smart sometimes :P. I'd be tempted to go as far as to say "Fayaz watch out you just got passed on my 'who to ask tech questions to' list"

Date Posted: 09/January/2007 at 11:32am

Well... It caught my attention since I felt the issue was important to address. I have other cards in my deck I can use as well, Preach .

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 09/January/2007 at 3:58pm
More importantly, why are you reading threads from 3 months ago?

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: P00Lsin
Date Posted: 10/January/2007 at 7:44am
lol i didn't even notice that... lmfao

Date Posted: 10/January/2007 at 10:35am

Posted By: razor851
Date Posted: 10/January/2007 at 8:41pm
What an old and extremely overused picture you have there Quack... nice!
(and I find it highly annoying)

-------------

Posted By: Anguish
Date Posted: 11/January/2007 at 6:35pm

heh sorry if this is old but I just  saw it and it made me think of this thread

Print Page | Close Window