Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1739
Printed Date: 25/October/2024 at 9:22am

Topic: Don't ever buy a Daewoo
Posted By: Interpol
Subject: Don't ever buy a Daewoo
Date Posted: 21/November/2006 at 8:44pm
Seriously, don't.

I've worked as a CSR for Daewoo for a month. Here's a list of problems with the customer service:

• For you to get the initial return phone call regarding your case, we quote 48 hours. Realistically, it's more like 2-3 weeks.
  • The people you talk to can't do sh*t for you. They have to forward a message to headquarters in order to have a decision made for you. So basically, if you call in, you're talking to someone  whose job it is to stall you for as long as possible.
  • There is no direct line to contact HQ. That's right, if you want immediate action on your case--you're f**ked.
  • Turn around time for a product sent in for repair is quoted as being "4-6 weeks". In some cases, it takes up 4-6 months.
  • If you don't have a receipt, there is absolutely no way to do any warranty work for you whatsoever. Regardless of there being a warranty card packaged with most boxes.
  • Customer service representatives don't give a f**k about you. Especially if you call in irate. In fact, in many cases, if people start calling the CSR names and/or being uncooperative (often the scenario) they can slow your progress down, to the point where there will never be any progress made. Yes, I know, they're assholes.
You may be getting a product for cheap, but there's a reason why it's cheap: there are deep cracks within the company, especially in terms of customer service.

One asshole even called in a few weeks back telling me how much better he was than me, telling me he owns a BMW 745, makes more money than I will ever make, and saying he could own a dozen of the televisions he bought.

In the end, I could only respond with one thing, which irritated him even more.

"Yeah, but my television works."

Replies:
Posted By: ap0ck
Date Posted: 21/November/2006 at 10:19pm
sounds like comcast

-------------

Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 21/November/2006 at 10:25pm
just like women, you get what you pay for.

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 22/November/2006 at 2:37am

I can almost one-up you Pol, I am a telemarketer!

(although I raise funds for a non-profit, so it's not entirely evil)

http://www.findthechildren.com/ - http://www.findthechildren.com/

B.S. degree ftw!

-------------

Posted By: Tybox
Date Posted: 22/November/2006 at 2:39am
Originally posted by ap0ck

sounds like comcast

aka every other large corporation.

Anyone ever heard of REALLY good tech support?

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 22/November/2006 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Tybox

aka every other large corporation.

Anyone ever heard of REALLY good tech support?

One word: Fayaz

Print Page | Close Window