Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Planetside
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Planetside
Message Icon Topic: 1cmm max crashes Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Protic

Online Status: Offline
Quote Protic Replybullet Topic: 1cmm max crashes
    Posted: 31/August/2005 at 4:47pm
poor TRx and AC just can't stop crying about the 4-6 man max crashes i just picked up scatmax when I started trying out for 1cmm, had never really used it before. gotta say when 5 guys can take out 10 or 15 holding a cc its definately something to make us laugh, and them whine about... keep up the good work guys =] V-W-M
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 31/August/2005 at 8:15pm

Woot!

Btw nice sig, I just finished downloading that game again, wanted to play through ti again so bad.

IP IP Logged
SNIKT
Advisor
Advisor

Quote SNIKT Replybullet Posted: 31/August/2005 at 8:57pm

thats kinda funny i was playing that online last night. first time.

i got called an AA noob in second game.

i played 6 in a row and except for the first game i got highest kill count every time.(the one the guy called me a noob in my team won.I had 40 kills. no one else on my team got above 10)

that one trandoshan gun is quite abit like a jackhammer,cept if you hit the head they drop in one shot i ran through 8 guys in a row in like 30 seconds, mostly same three guys. i guess my 40 ping compared to everyone elses 80+ made quite a diference in that game. i ran into their face everytime and they missed alot.

IP IP Logged
Sparticus
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sparticus Replybullet Posted: 31/August/2005 at 9:24pm

From what I understand ... TRx, AC, DT, etc agree with the use of scat MAXs in the case of a yellow/orange/red alert resecure or base defense. But when it's a few TRx/AC/DT against a few 1cmm, and instead of enjoying a good fight they're spammed with a mini MAX crash, it's quite frustrating. I've run into similar situations on Markov. Ran into a group I used to love fighting on Markov, who, with the addition of br23, became a bunch of plasma spamming noobs. There's not much left in this game to play for ...respectful rivalries between elite groups -- good air to air fights without the use of AA, good grunt fights without the excessive use of MAXs and plasma, etc are what I love in this game. Many of the games vets feel the same way. The notion that "1cmm ruined a good fight by bringing their MAXs" ...well ...it's true. What happened to taking out the same group of guys using a JH? I'm not saying decert your scat MAX ...but I agree with our opponents that some of our players are taking scat MAXs from situational use to a crutch. Spit shine the JH baby ...get back to work the way it used to be done.

IP IP Logged
rangerDAVE
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rangerDAVE Replybullet Posted: 31/August/2005 at 9:45pm

I just dropped my MAX because I got MAX Op Gold     

I got HA back with the MAX certs

IP IP Logged
Kalohela
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Kalohela Replybullet Posted: 01/September/2005 at 1:54am
<- terrible grunt for life, no MAXes for me!
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 01/September/2005 at 2:08am

I dont get MAX becuase I want to be available for ADV MED, and also just find it plain better than a max for survivbility sometimes.

I can rez, repair, rearm fast, spam areas(rocklet/thumper) take on people 1 vs 1 with JH,, hack etc.

IP IP Logged
Adamz

Quote Adamz Replybullet Posted: 01/September/2005 at 12:36pm
Maybe if the shotgun's worked. I have had to cert JH and Rexo just to stay alive a little longer in order to get another shot in if theshotgun bug hits me. I hate rexo but its the only way to balance the bug for me. If they fix the bug I will be decerting rexo/jh and Scat.
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 01/September/2005 at 1:27pm
I don't cert my falcon until I see nme max's in the tower or base we're trying to take!    That's my policy!
Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
Khemosabe
Officer
Officer

Quote Khemosabe Replybullet Posted: 01/September/2005 at 1:36pm

There's two sides to every story Spart.  I have *never* pulled scat when the situation didn't warrant it.  TRx can bitch about wanting a good grunt fight but when they're OSing our AMSes and spamming plasma on the stairs that doesn't tell me they want to fight at all.  At that point I'm going to pull scat.  I can kill anyone just fine with a JH, I don't need a MAX to kill anything, but when we're facing combined MAX/grunt forces significantly larger than our number then we're going to need combined MAX/grunt forces ourselves to achieve our objective. 

I personally feel you've lost sight of the "fighting to turn sh*t blue and keep it that way" focus of 1CMM, instead of just farming.  An overly large (IMO) percentage of your time is spent whoring up some tower or an interlink while the rest of us try and resecure bases and hold hacks.  The NC have been given a great tool for doing exactly that, the Scatmax.  The JH is a 1v1 weapon, its lack of range makes it significantly less useful than MCG/lasher in a mult vs. multi situation as everyone can't be close to the opposition at the same time and have clear LOS to the target.  The Scatmax is a great way of overcoming that limitation.  When we had 5 guys and pulled 4 scats at Marduk against ~10 AC and friends and prevailed, it was just doing what we had to do to win.  They can bitch and cry on the PS forums all they want, it won't change how I play, and neither will you.  I played for over a year with MA only and did a damn fine job of it, and if I want to go straight up HA and MAX at this point I'll do just that, and I've got 2 fingers in the air for anyone who wants to tell me different.

All this bitching is only coming because they are LOSING to us.  If we weren't using maxes they'd be bitching about something else.  I don't see AC and DT putting away their spamtastic lashers in interlinks while fighting us, even though that weapon is basically "I Win" mode there.  I don't see TRx shying away from using focused fire from multiple MCGs, even though that weapon is godly at that.  We've been given a tool to use to compete against those things, and I'm going to use it.

If you call me out in a public forum you're going to get a response in the same place.  If you want to take this to the private forums now that's fine, if not that's fine to.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version