Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Rumor: PlanetSide Next launching in March 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Online Status: Offline
Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 04/April/2011 at 8:27pm
Vaporware.
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 04/April/2011 at 9:08pm
lol  the agency..  a 2007 dream. 
Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
Midnyght
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Midnyght Replybullet Posted: 05/April/2011 at 1:19pm
Don't know if its vaporware but I think they might of ment 2012...lol

Hey look at the bright side it brough back some population to Planetside...
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 05/April/2011 at 3:47pm

S.O.E has already stated that the +200 layoffs is a tatic to focus soley on PS next and ever quest.      Geez guys have a little faith in this terrbile ass company..

IP IP Logged
Midnyght
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Midnyght Replybullet Posted: 07/April/2011 at 7:54am
As we say in the bizz..."Stop Drinking the Kool-aid!"
IP IP Logged
Midnyght
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Midnyght Replybullet Posted: 13/April/2011 at 4:12pm
Here is some more Kool-Aid for us to drink!

Looking back through the archives, it’s been a while since we’ve done a proper Planetside Producer letter, so let’s get rolling!

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Andrew Sites and about a month ago I joined the Planetside Next development team as the Executive Producer. While I may be new to Planetside, I’ve been around the block a few times here at Sony Online. I’ve worked in production on several SOE projects, including EverQuest, EverQuest II, Free Realms and most recently was the EP on Clone Wars Adventures. But enough about me, let’s talk about Planetside.

While combing through the Planetside forums, I can see that you’re not just amped about the promise of a sequel being developed, but even more so, you want some details. With Planetside now approaching its 8 year anniversary, it’s still easy to look back and see just how it set the bar for Massively Multiplayer FPS games. It was fun, fast-paced and most importantly, it offered truly MASSIVE FPS combat that hasn’t been recreated since. When we started designing Planetside Next, our goal was to build upon the original foundational elements that made it unique, while focusing heavily on the large-scale combat that set it apart from the competition. We’ve got some big shoes to fill, but as we begin unveiling the details, I think you’re going to be VERY excited to see what we have planned.

As you know, Planetside Next was announced by Smed via Twitter about a year and a half ago. Since then, the development team has been pining away on a new graphics engine, building art assets and designing new content. To support our ongoing development efforts, the team has increased in size significantly over the past several weeks. We’ve also brought back several team members from the original Planetside art, design and code team, as well as a ton of other talented, experienced MMO and FPS developers – many of whom I will begin introducing to you in my next update.

To say that the team and I are excited would be an understatement. Over the coming weeks and months, you can expect to receive a lot more detail about what we have in-store for PSNext. Much of this information will be presented to the PS community exclusively, because frankly, if your passion for the original didn’t exist, I wouldn’t be typing this.

Planetside set the bar for the Massively Multiplayer FPS market 8 year ago and we look forward to setting it again.

You can tell he is new at SOE...lol
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 13/April/2011 at 8:29pm
"Over the coming weeks and months, you can expect to receive a lot more detail about what we have in-store for PSNext"

Translation:    No beta scheduled anytime soon.   More kool-aid indeed.

IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 14/April/2011 at 8:08am
VAPORWARE!!!!!!!
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 14/April/2011 at 2:37pm
they replaced the EP at this point in the process? ... that can't be good.
IP IP Logged
AquaNox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote AquaNox Replybullet Posted: 14/April/2011 at 10:06pm
"I can see that you’re not just amped about the promise of a sequel being developed, but even more so, you want some details"

..therefore, I shall give you no details.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version