Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Other Games
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Other Games
Message Icon Topic: Picked up a PS3 Post Reply Post New Topic
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Online Status: Offline
Quote Preach Replybullet Topic: Picked up a PS3
    Posted: 03/February/2010 at 9:33pm
Well MAG finally convinced me to pick up a PS3. While I was at it I also got Killzone 2, Drakes Fortune 2, Metal Gear Solid 4. Also pre-ordered God of War 3 and Heavy Rain. Haven't actually played anything yet, but I'll get around too it soon enough.

Anyone with a PS3 play MAG?
IP IP Logged
Midnyght
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Midnyght Replybullet Posted: 04/February/2010 at 7:20am
MAG looks pretty sweet and makes me want to get a PS3 as well.

Let me know how it is?
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 04/February/2010 at 11:21am
It seems evo and I believe aqua are the only ones with PS3's.  I might pick up a ps3 for god of war 3.  that game looks freaking amazing. 

Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 04/February/2010 at 9:28pm
i have one. fideelio's the name, same as xbox.

don't have mag though, and when my xbox is working, i'm playing it instead.

i have uncharted 2, killzone 2, and LBP and some other stuff which prolly doesn't have multiplayer, like arkham asylum (great game).
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 04/February/2010 at 10:56pm
My name on PS3 is USAFWD. Still haven't had time to play anything yet.
IP IP Logged
AquaNox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote AquaNox Replybullet Posted: 07/February/2010 at 2:09am

I only use the PS3 to play NBA2K10 and Madden, so you'll have to let me know if MAG is any good.  Using a controller instead of a mouse in an FPS just seems unnatural.

IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 07/February/2010 at 2:03pm
I have one, but I hardly play it. I recommend before playing MGS4 if you haven't played the first three to try and look up some of the info about them. Its a fun enough game you can enjoy it regardless, but since its such a story driven game it will help.

IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 14/February/2010 at 5:22am
MAG blows compared to PS, WW2online and other more polished FPS games. I'm trying to sell it on Ebay now, so if you want it for $50 total, go for it! Like Aqua said, trying to use a controller for a FPS is just bizzare to us PC gamers, I stilll can't get used to it but that's about my only viable option for gaming b/c my internet is shitty on the PC, but with all the non-dedicated servers/matchmaking system of the console games, it does alright sometimes.

I
Maybe in a year or so if they tweak the respec system, add a bunch new maps to the different layouts, add new weapons/addons etc.

That alone doesn't make up for the clunky controls..cycling through to grenades? WTF! If I am in combat i don't accidently EVERYTIME pull out a med app first, then my nade...and you can't hold it or cook it. The graphics, while never the end all be all, are pretty piss poor for a PS3 flagship title such as this.

I still play NBA2k9 on the PS3, and before that NCAA 2010,  but since I live out in the boonies now my internet is SHITE and I don't go online much.  That was actually one problem with MAG, the connectivity issues compounded with my crappy wireless. My wife and I played the HELL out of Borerlands though, that game was super fun, probably the most fun co-op game I have had ever. We almost had the PS3 fry due to overheating it was on so much chugging through that game lol.

I was able to play some MW2 online for a bit when I rented it awhile back but I had rubberbanding and other craptastic issues.

I have Uncharted 2, Army of 2: 40th day, Heavy Rain, AvP and Bad Company 2 in the que for Gamefly, but man it is rough with the PC dying an agonizing death as the focus shifts even more to consoles.

Case in point no prone or lean in Bad Company 2....ugh. And aim assist, which although it kinda sucks, for me it probably helps as I'm not used to the fine aiming of a anolog stick. You can play a game a ton and learn all teh nuances of the maps and equipment, but when it comes down to putting rounds into some other player, it is critical you can actually hit what you see. A ton of times in MW2 I would see a guy 30yds away but not even try to hit him because I knew it was gonna be a lost cause lol.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version