Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Jackson Blacklisted from The Hobbit Post Reply Post New Topic
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Stairway Replybullet Topic: Jackson Blacklisted from The Hobbit
    Posted: 11/January/2007 at 6:40pm
http://movies.ign.com/articles/754/754322p1.html

Kind of sucks. He did a really good job with The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and it only seemed right that he direct The Hobbit.
IP IP Logged
Bhopx
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bhopx Replybullet Posted: 11/January/2007 at 8:28pm
yeh i heard about this a while ago, its a shame because you know he is a guy that understands the series and knows how to visually depict it.

ive read The Hobbit and i think its definitely nowhere near as good as the LOTR trilogy anyway. It basically follows Bilbo and the dwarves; Bilbo meets gollum and tricks him out of the Ring and towards the end there is a fire breating dragon. Not as good as the other three but still better than the average story.
IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 13/January/2007 at 1:12am
There's a lot of background information, behind this whole mess.  Something about how they cheated Jackson and his company, out of some money? and that there's an impending court case? 

Anyway, I skipped on seeing that movie Eragon or however you spell it, because it looked like a LOTR copy, and I would probably skip out on The Hibbit, if not directed by Jackson.
IP IP Logged
P00Lsin
Groupie
Groupie

Quote P00Lsin Replybullet Posted: 16/January/2007 at 11:24am
Eragon was a excellent book, Christopher Paolini started writing it at 15, and btw it isn't a LOTR knock off, it is actually a very different and compelling read, u should pick it up if ur a LOTR fan. The movie got a 3 1/2 out of 4 stars from movietickets.com so i guess it musta been good... i didn't get to go see it so idk.

but back to the real topic. if jackson doesn't do the hobbit count me out... i can't believe they would blacklist him from it.... he did a amazing job with the 3 main books and that = success with prequel (Hobbit) and any future LOTR spin offs....
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 16/January/2007 at 4:23pm
Everyone I have talked to that liked the book Eragon said the movie was a piece of sh*t, and I mean everyone. Even if its nothing like Lord of the Rings, every fantasy book since Tolkiens books is going to be compared to them.
IP IP Logged
P00Lsin
Groupie
Groupie

Quote P00Lsin Replybullet Posted: 17/January/2007 at 11:12am
ehh the movie musta strayed too far from the book then... i'm just gunna go see it and decide for myself.

hopefully not everything, cause then there wouldn't be any good fantasy novels :P LOTR is just too high of a  benchmark to compare anything to, it was just too good of a series
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version