Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Console wars, who will win? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Topic: Console wars, who will win?
    Posted: 26/December/2006 at 2:11am

http://nexgenwars.com/

for all you PC users, here, IL make the post so you don't have too

'ALL CONSOLES SUCK, PC ROCK, PC FOREVER!!!one!!'

there... with that out of the way, Who is your money on?
Will it be the 360 with its year advantage? The wii with its innovative design,
or will the PS3 pull out a miraculous comeback from near certain doom?
IP IP Logged
Bhopx
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bhopx Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 2:40am
Wii, because its the only one of the 3 that gives you something that PC cant. The other two are trying to compete with PC and will lose. who wants to spend $600 on a huge overheating box with great graphics but crappy games? I'd rather have a PC.

Wii = fun

PS3 + 360 = graphics and HD resolution out the wazoo but no fun
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 2:52am

Unfortunately.. the Wii let me down :( i though it tracked every motion you made with it... but it only does so while you are pointed at the screen, the second it doesn't see the sensors, it basically becomes the same thing as a joystick... its able to tell how its tilted, and if its changing directions, it cant actually there where it is after your 'cursor' leaves the screen :(

i think a PC being better at games then something ENTIRELY designed to play games is silly.  Consoles do it better, you just need to get used to the controller, after you do, you see its a better world :) the only thing that brings me back to playing games on the PC is PS, and the only reason i come back for PS is for the people.

one thing where the 360 really comes out on top over everything else is the voice chat, every game has voice-chat embedded in it, because it comes with the system, if somebody has a really annoying voice, you can mute them, and set them to 'Avoid' and you will never see that person again :D ( well unless you happen to be friends with his Friends or something like that )

voice chat that comes with PC games is always crap, and you can only set up team-speak with people you play with regularly. 360 does it hassle free. instant communication with your entire team at all times. Information is the best weapon in multi player games, the 360 voice chat helps :)
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 12:31pm
I honestly hope the Wii wins. I always hope Nintendo wins because they are the only company of the big three that rely soley on video games. If Sony of Microsoft do poorley on a console it will lose them some money in the bank, but if Nintendo does poorley they could be out of business.

I personally think Nintendo will take this round with the Wii. With its lower price and innovative design making loads of new people turn to video games for entertainment, Im almost postive Nintendo will come out on top. The 360 and the PS3 will be a closer fight, right now the 360 has the obvious lead but give it 6 months when the PS3 has some of its bigger titles out and more consoles available, it will Microsoft a run for its money.
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 1:13pm
Im yet to play either the wii, or ps3. So this review might be skewed. The PC will always lead in my opinion. Graphics card are almost always upgradable. So graphics is rarely an issue. Online play can easily be obtained unless your using dial up to connect. (who the hell has dial up anymore though)? The only case where computer hardware comes into play are games like, Planet side , WOW, BF2142, or other MMO's that require a sweet to descent system.
I do own a 360 and have since last xmas. So obviously Im going to vote for the 360 in the console race. I do like the innovation of the Wii. However nintendo will probably release the more "kiddy classics" such as Mario, yoshi, etc based games. That more mature gamers wont be into. Im yet to play the PS3, Ive payed attention to a demo for like 30 seconds it looks good, but I just didnt give a sh*t. I really think Sony dropped the ball with they're supply, and their price tag. 600 bills for a console is goddamn unheard of. Not to mention f**kin riddiculus! They couldnt even come up with a descent supply of them. Atleast last year with the 360, you had a slight chance of getting one, after all the prebuyers got their hands on one.
So in the end in my opinion, I think PC will always take the crown. 360 is in a strong 2nd, WII is cool, and PS3 as of now comes in a distant 4th. But with time Wii and ps3 might be able to come out stronger than most think.
IP IP Logged
Bhopx
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bhopx Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Verdant Force

i think a PC being better at games then something ENTIRELY designed to play games is silly. 

you would think thats the case, but unfortunately there is only one good game for PS3 and maybe 2-3 for XBOX 360 atm. Not worth dropping the amount of money for either of these systems for 1 or 2 good games plus EAsports games that can be played just as well on your PS2/XBOX.
IP IP Logged
NaeBlis
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote NaeBlis Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 4:07pm

I've only played the 360... but I really think the wii has won

Teh Nibblies
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 5:39pm
Jersey how the f**k can you compalin about the PS3 price when most PC gamers drop more then that on indivual parts? PS3 for what it has in it is a very fair price, Like almost every console in the history of video games Sony is losing money on each system sold. For a casual game, 600 is alot of money and probably not worth it but most of us play video games pretty reguarly and a PS3 is not much more then a graphics card. 
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Jersey

Im yet to play either the wii, or ps3. So this review might be skewed. The PC will always lead in my opinion. Graphics card are almost always upgradable. So graphics is rarely an issue. Online play can easily be obtained unless your using dial up to connect. (who the hell has dial up anymore though)? The only case where computer hardware comes into play are games like, Planet side , WOW, BF2142, or other MMO's that require a sweet to descent system.
I do own a 360 and have since last xmas. So obviously Im going to vote for the 360 in the console race. I do like the innovation of the Wii. However nintendo will probably release the more "kiddy classics" such as Mario, yoshi, etc based games. That more mature gamers wont be into. Im yet to play the PS3, Ive payed attention to a demo for like 30 seconds it looks good, but I just didnt give a sh*t. I really think Sony dropped the ball with they're supply, and their price tag. 600 bills for a console is goddamn unheard of. Not to mention f**kin riddiculus! They couldnt even come up with a descent supply of them. Atleast last year with the 360, you had a slight chance of getting one, after all the prebuyers got their hands on one.
So in the end in my opinion, I think PC will always take the crown. 360 is in a strong 2nd, WII is cool, and PS3 as of now comes in a distant 4th. But with time Wii and ps3 might be able to come out stronger than most think.

Dude, I put nearly 3,000 in my computer, and it still struggled with Oblivion.

The 360 is $400 at the most, and will run the game fine.
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 26/December/2006 at 9:54pm
Obviously you guys have a valid point. However can you design a website, take online class's, run any other programs besides games on a wii, 360, or ps3? I spent almost 8-900 dollers on completely revamping the major preformance parts in my PC. But obviously consoles are for the most part only designed to play games. But its all personnel discretion, and opinion. You can drop 600 bills on a ps3, or you can upgrade your pc with a couple different parts or components. In other words Im simply saying, that PC games come out usually alot faster than most console games. I.e. F.E.A.R. But I see your point console games run smoother. But my point is that PC's obviously can do alot more, and the games are usually out alot sooner then the game comes out for a console system. And stair Im saying 600 dollers is very pricey for a console. 600 dollers is not alot of money compared to certain PC parts, like video cards, or DC processors. But in my opinion it is quite pricey for a console.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version