Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: . Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 3:59pm

Originally posted by NakataH

the rest of the world says its common sense.

its hard to explain because your on the inside and the rest of the world is on the outside looking in but it makes it so much clearer for us to see

its just like when preach went psycho about that "government aided 9/11" thing.. its what the rest of the world is thinking but americans dont understand and become very hostile because they are on the inside :E

personally if it happened in the UK i wouldnt be to bothered, i wouldnt care who did it or why, unless it effected me which is a very wrong and selfish attitude to have i know.. "blah blah when it does happen to me and everybody has that attitude ill think differently etc"

i wish i could say im patriotic but im not really, i dont even plan to stay a English citizen..

i know your in australia (atleast i think you still are) but your still american and hold the same views you did, which is why you will never see it

i think im using the word americans to much and generalising.. not all americans are.. i wont use the word stupid because your not, your just.. easily lied to?

the american government uses patriotism against you, and you fall for it because its what they teach you to do at school

Preach, hold your anger in ;) i dont want to argue and if you do i wont respond.. just my thoughts :P

And Britain doesn't lie to its people as well? Aren't politicians inherently crooked in one way or another? They don't teach to love your country in school too Nak?

Nak, if  you sense you are generalizing, don't do it, because I am far from a diehard Uber USA patriot, but the whole "Non-US our crap don't stink" attitude rubs me the wrong way.

It's like the cool thing to do is the bash the USA any chance people can get, verdant does it, and now you basically did. We all have our problems, and no one is free of mistakes and injustices on the govermental level.

And if you probe into the sociological realm of the US apparently being full of "cowboys"(agressive, insensitive, Uber-patriots) well that's not right either.
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 5:00pm
i dont bash USA, i have great respect for the american people. whenever i hear anybody around me say anything bad about the american people, i tell them
"hey, its not really their fault, its their goverment"
and i really do beleive that, i mean, in the past 6 years your country went from one of the most loved countries in the world to one of the most hated.
the american people are good people, there is no doubt there. so the only other thing to blame is the goverment.

i do get a few of your channels here, and what i see on the news from USA disgusts me, the way they play on peoples emotions, and fears is really sickening. its like they are playing some sort of instrument to try and make the people behave the way they want them too. Habeas Corpus anybody?

IP IP Logged
NakataH
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote NakataH Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:13pm
Oh no no you misunderstood tybo.. every government lies, it has to, there are certain things that it cannot say.

The english government lies on a regular basis, but, i can see it, and i dont care.. im able to vote but i dont and do you know why? Because who ever i vote for, it wont matter.. im still gunna get screwed over in one way or another.

I think for america, choosing kerry over bush in 2004 would have been the lesser of two evils.

I wouldnt say its the "cool" thing to bash USA.. but isnt it funny how the rest of the world .. is? surely there must be a reason for it o_O

As i said before, i dont think americans are stupid.. they are just very easily influenced.
Having not lived in america im not sure why this is.. id hazard a guess at patriotism because that features heavily on american daily life..

"
I pledge allegiance to the Flag
     of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all."

maybe its religion?
isnt your president supposed to be neutral.. yet he is diehard christian?

america and its peoples attitude is why everybody is turning on it
"you dont support america, your a terrorist sympathizer!"

america wants to be bigger and better than everybody else, yet compared to everybody else america is still but a child, who has a great deal to learn.

i just hope they get sombody better and not worse than george bush in the years to come, because if you do get a worse president.. im not sure how i should put this..

you're f**ked?
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:28pm
oil: until the paradigm changes, america will be hated.
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:38pm
If anyone thinks that if Kerry was electeded president that any big thing would be different, they are wrong.  We would still be in the middle of a war, we would still be facing all the rest of the issues that we are with Bush. The president has so many commitements to special interest parties that they are really never making any decsions for themselves. Yes the President wanted to go to war, but it was CONGRESS that voted and made the decision too, yet Bush becomes the scapegoat.

Most politcal elections are just mudslinging contests and it honestly disgusts me.  We have a govenor election coming up here in Illinois and all the T.V. Ads are, "He did this blah blah blah" or "She did'nt do that blah blah", its truly terrible.  Ill be 18 for the next presidental elections and I seriously doubt I will vote.
IP IP Logged
AquaNox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote AquaNox Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:48pm
Not voting is hardly a solution or a protest, you're just f**king yourself.  While voters being easily influenced is true, people not voting is 10x worse.  You "demonstrating" that you dont approve of your government and at the same time giving your vote to another moron who will choose the worst candidate is even more detrimental
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:49pm
if kerry were president and 9/11 happened, we might be at war today, but not with iraq. without wolfowitz, cheney, rumsfeld, and rove at the helm, the iraq war wouldn't have happened (at least not now).
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by AquaNox

Not voting is hardly a solution or a protest, you're just f**king yourself.  While voters being easily influenced is true, people not voting is 10x worse.  You "demonstrating" that you dont approve of your government and at the same time giving your vote to another moron who will choose the worst candidate is even more detrimental

Why should I vote if I dont like any of the candiates? Im not against voteing but I wont vote unless I feel that a certain candiate has qualities and Ideals that I respect and believe will help our nation.
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Stairway

Why should I vote if I dont like any of the candiates?

because it gives you the right to bitch about it.
IP IP Logged
AquaNox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote AquaNox Replybullet Posted: 23/October/2006 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Stairway

Originally posted by AquaNox

Why should I vote if I dont like any of the candiates? Im not against voteing but I wont vote unless I feel that a certain candiate has qualities and Ideals that I respect and believe will help our nation.

You dont like the candidates so you are willing to leave it up to someone else to decide for you? Lame.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version