Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Brain Teasers! Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Isabel
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Isabel Replybullet Topic: Brain Teasers!
    Posted: 03/October/2006 at 5:15pm

So work was a slow day today, not much to do or customers to assist so I went into the executive office and started looking around on the computer and I came across this picture. Keep in mind that this is NOT an animation. The circles really aren't moving at all. You can step back away from the computer and see for yourself.

Skip down:

Alright, here's a simple math problem to try and figure out. It took me around 15 minutes or so to finally figure out the answer.

Using only four 9's, use basic math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and/or Division) to create the number 100. For example: 9+9+9+9= 36, this is not 100, try again. You can do whatever you want with the 9's except invert them to make 6's.
Sometimes it takes a woman
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 11:46pm
"You can do whatever you want with the 9's except invert them to make 6's."

thats rather vague, but if you mean you can put the 9's together in any way you choose, that makes the equasion all to simple..

99+9/9
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:09am
Ill throw up if I even look at thing
IP IP Logged
Isabel
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Isabel Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Jersey

Ill throw up if I even look at thing
lol sorry. Good job verdant, its so simple yet many people will not be able to get it.

Here's a fun one I was guilty of missing:

Read the following sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

How many F's are in the sentence? If you already know or have seen this, please don't spoil it for others.

Here's another:

It's Prttey fnuny how we can raed tihs einrte snetnece wtih all tehse ltters all out of palce, and we can cnotniue to keep raednig and sitll mekas snece of waht we are raeding. No mttar how mnay tmies you raed tihs oevr and oevr you can sitll mkae snece of it.
How is taht pssoible?

IP IP Logged
dr0ss
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dr0ss Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:55am
get out of my head!
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 2:21am
I got the finished files one correct--fairly easy.

Then again, not only am I intolerably beautiful, but my IQ is an infinite being of destruction.
IP IP Logged
Bluescales
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bluescales Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 8:41am
It's Prttey fnuny how we can raed tihs einrte snetnece wtih all tehse ltters all out of palce, and we can cnotniue to keep raednig and sitll mekas snece of waht we are raeding. No mttar how mnay tmies you raed tihs oevr and oevr you can sitll mkae snece of it.
How is taht pssoible?

Smoe srot of fnction in our brian. I thnk becuse we recgnze so mny lttrs togthr.
IP IP Logged
Raikonnen
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Raikonnen Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 9:10am
Its because we only read the first and last letters of words, and our brain fills in the blanks.
IP IP Logged
Xenetic
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Xenetic Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Bluescales

How is taht pssoible?

Smoe srot of fnction in our brian. I thnk becuse we recgnze so mny lttrs togthr.

It is because we are used to reading this sort of type from emo's and 10 yo gamers every day.

IP IP Logged
Isabel
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Isabel Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Xenetic

It is because we are used to reading this sort of type from emo's and 10 yo gamers every day.
LoL, this is a pretty good answer. But it's like Raik said, our brains read using the first and the last letter of a word, not the entire word or each of its letters. This means that as long as the first and last letter of a word are correct, it won't matter what order you rearrange any letters inbetween. Of course this is as long as the letters are the correct ones.

So going back to the Sentence and the F letter, how many did you count? If you counted 3, it's normal, but you're wrong. Go back and check again.

If you were like me, you would have counted 3 again and would probably swear by it, but the correct answer is 6. There are 6 F's in that sentence. What you omitted was the word, "of"- the brain sees "of" as "ov" because that is the way it sounds and therefore does not count "of" as being a word at all and skips right over it. If you got it correct the first time without ever seeing or hearing about this before then you're a freakin' genius.

If you would like me to stop with this thread then let me know, otherwise here's a "What is the word" riddle.

There is a word in the English language that if you spell it with one capital letter, the meaning of the word will change entirely. This is not counting using it in the beginning of a sentence. What is it?

Here's another:
Think of a word with 7 letters,
The first two letters means guy
The first three letters means girl
The first four letters means a great guy
While the word itself means a great woman

These two are rather easy and perhaps a bit cheesy, but something to do if you're bored.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version