Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Planetside
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Planetside
Message Icon Topic: Scatmax Pshield anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
LEX707

Online Status: Offline
Quote LEX707 Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 6:38am
How many pages until this thread is dead? My guess is 7.
IP IP Logged
Bluescales
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bluescales Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Jbanicar

To each his own, as Khemo would say, to each his own.  As Aqua said, the personal choices that one makes are just that, however, for me, I don't like to just do things because it's solely the "Smart" thing to do.  There's a million smart things that one should do in Planetside, but after 3 years, I'm not out to win every base and soak up 5 decimators.  For me Planetside has always been about respect and I show that respect to other players by not certing PShield or plasma, because whether that's the smart thing to do at the end of the day or not, at least as an individual, I feel that I have played and competed honorably. 

I don't have a double standard where I hate it when other's use it and then turn around and use it myself, but again, I have no hate towards anybody who uses these things.  I just take personal pride in sticking to my own thing and not giving in to "playing the game purely to win at all costs." that for me, makes PS still enjoyable.

The moment I stop standing out and blend in with the other mindless idiots firing off 100 rounds of plasma and marching to the gen in line of scats, then the game will no longer have that which no other game has: a sense of reputation for players, the community, which is the driving force behind the game.

So, you know, if you get me in an air to air fight, I won't fly into a tree or bail if you have me fairly.  I don't run into a stairwell and boomer myself so you don't get the kill.  If I have no medpacks left and you're coming down a hallway and there's no other option, then I'll still jump out and fight you.  I won't ever send you a hate tell when you kill me, no matter how you did so.  This is my reputation as a player, and I like the fact that people respect me for that and I respect them back; it's a cool thing to have that vibe among fellow players, regardless of empire. 

Respect is earned.

I feel like such a horrible sportsman now...
IP IP Logged
Midnyght
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Midnyght Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 11:10am

Funny, earning respect for playing a game...

IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:27pm
No one said that PS was about earing respect.  I'm saying that I am able to enjoy the game more by having that between my friends.  Just like I wouldn't gank Khemo or Aqua or Fayaz in the air in a 3 v 1, I would hold my fire, cause it just, personally, feels like the fun and right thing to do, to me, maybe not to you.

Video games aren't about earning respect or egos; I'm not saying either.  I'm simply phrasing it in a way that states clearly, that the decisions I make ingame, relate to how I treat people out of game, and since PS is about people, teh community, that is how I choose to engage it.
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Jbanicar

No one said that PS was about earing respect.  I'm saying that I am able to enjoy the game more by having that between my friends.  Just like I wouldn't gank Khemo or Aqua or Fayaz in the air in a 3 v 1, I would hold my fire, cause it just, personally, feels like the fun and right thing to do, to me, maybe not to you.

Video games aren't about earning respect or egos; I'm not saying either.  I'm simply phrasing it in a way that states clearly, that the decisions I make ingame, relate to how I treat people out of game, and since PS is about people, teh community, that is how I choose to engage it.

hmmm I would bet 10 bucks you own a myspace account.  Don't you?
Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
jakaul

Quote jakaul Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:20pm
Wow, used to think a couple of you were pretty cool dudes.  Guess I misjudged you.
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by jakaul

Wow, used to think a couple of you were pretty cool dudes.  Guess I misjudged you.

This one is just for you buddy..

Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
jakaul

Quote jakaul Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:56pm
Ironically, that's correct concerning my thoughts on you as you weren't one of the ones my post was addressing.  Nice 1990s forum pic though, been awhile since I've seen it.
IP IP Logged
SNIKT
Advisor
Advisor

Quote SNIKT Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:57pm

you have no idea
IP IP Logged
Fayaz
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Quote Fayaz Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 2:13pm

Jakaul.. hehe.. you need to realize that a thread like this used to appear religiously once every month, if not more frequently, and as a ritual, many here just post interesting pics and randomness / flavourless flames / debates / arguments for the sake of tradition.

As you can see, our members are just giving one-liners / pictures whereas the rest of the community is really putting effort into their posts. No one here (aside those with new constructive arguments) really cares what happens in this thread...

This thread is here for entertainment.. that's it..  We all laugh about it on TS, discuss what we had for lunch, and move on.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version