Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Planetside
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Planetside
Message Icon Topic: Scatmax Pshield anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Raikonnen
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Raikonnen Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 10:54am
It just gets to me when so called 'Elite' outfits, knock others because they don't share the same playstyle. For example, Delta Triad vs Enclave.

Delta Triad = Fast resecures, usually a squad or just under a squad online. Members go to bases, make sure it gets hacked, then move on to new killing grounds. Certs are a personal choice. They DO get the job done, although can be sidetracked into whoring it up on a pointless continent for a few hours.

Enclave = Fast resecures, line-breaking. Usually a full platoon on. Members go to bases, get it hacked, and guard for the full 15 minutes. Then move on to the next base. Some certs are necessary. One leader telling 29 grunts where to go, what to do. They don't get sidetracked, they live to zerg.

So in your eyes, who was the better outfit? Delta Triad who get secures done, then leave? Or Enclave, who are constantly pushing the empire forward. Ask the majority of people, and they'll say 'Delta Triad'. Personally, I like the outfits that mindlessly and stubbornly push forward step by step. Without those outfits, all the game would be would be 1 base or tower battle, between small outfits looking for kills.

I don't knock the way people play, I never send tells when I kill someone. YET people are always sending me tells, because MY playstyle doesnt fit in with theirs.

So heres the final word. If you don't like my playstyle, If you don't like the squad or outfit i'm hanging withs playstyle.

f**k you.
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 10:59am

<3 Raik

IP IP Logged
Despiron

Quote Despiron Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:50pm

IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 12:55pm
This game is 3 years old and we're still talking about playstyles.   I've done everything you can possibly do in this game, twice.   The only reason I'm still playing this sh*tty game is because of people that's in this outfit.   I enjoy squading with them more than scoring kills.  I got wasp certed with scat , rexo, and the JH.   I camp air pads at will and triple shot cloakers.   The last thing I am worried about is people telling me why I killed them is lame. 

War is hell f**ko's.  Get over it. 
Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
Raikonnen
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Raikonnen Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Goffin

This game is 3 years old and we're still talking about playstyles.   I've done everything you can possibly do in this game, twice.   The only reason I'm still playing this sh*tty game is because of people that's in this outfit.   I enjoy squading with them more than scoring kills.  I got wasp certed with scat , rexo, and the JH.   I camp air pads at will and triple shot cloakers.   The last thing I am worried about is people telling me why I killed them is lame. 

Yeah I know, 3 years and the same arguments still crop up. Pretty sad really :) I do love the attention I get from other empires. If they send me abusive tells, I know i'm doing my job just right :D
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Goffin

lol

Hell, I can up you one better Goff. Have you had adv BFR on EVERY empire?

No, I didn't think so.

I would probably use the thing more if A.) It didn't suck (FV), B.) We fought in more stalemates(nothing more annoying than to hop around with 7 cert points taken up, while your buddies need help inside a low-pop tower or base) C.) Timer was shorter(like 10min for FV).

+1 lame scale 
IP IP Logged
Avenger

Quote Avenger Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 3:19pm
So much hatred, we should all play WoW together and have big gay alliance orgies.

IP IP Logged
Navus

Quote Navus Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 3:49pm
horde>alliance
IP IP Logged
Midnyght
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Midnyght Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 4:57pm

I get hate tells and usually:

1. Ignore them and not respond
2. Flip the conversation on them into something so faraway from what they were hating about that we end up either laughing our asses off or it turns into casual conversation.
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Midnyght

I get hate tells and usually:

1. Ignore them and not respond
2. Flip the conversation on them into something so faraway from what they were hating about that we end up either laughing our asses off or it turns into casual conversation.

I did that with Alem right before the outfit wars.  He dropped on one of our pretty empty towers, he killed me so I spawned and got Scat.  I ran upstairs killed and killed him.  Naturally he sent me a tell like "You really needed a scat max to kill me".  I think we sent tells back and forth for a while and it ended up about us talking about the outfit wars (he somehow knew I was playing on the 1CMM team).  Funny how a hate tell can turn into a conversation, and thats just one many examples that comes to mind.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version