Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: More tech advice! External DVD Burner Post Reply Post New Topic
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tybox Replybullet Topic: More tech advice! External DVD Burner
    Posted: 23/August/2006 at 5:01am
Well I was looking into this sucker to burn stuff. I only have 80gb and I had to get rid of a tonf of stuff. ALso my Cousin will help split the money and also use this sucker so I will only pay $20 or so, which ain't half bad for a burner.

But is this a POS?

I like the non-fuss of an exteranal, and speed isn't a big deal, will probably be burning mainly music CDS and some RWs for back-up purposes, as well as the occasional DVD for games and whatnot.

Any chance some burned DVDS will play on dvd players or even the PS2? I doubt the latter from what I know...

This lightscribe sh*t is garbage lol.

WHAT LIGHTSCRIBE IS

A WHOLE NEW WAY TO LABEL YOUR DISCS

LightScribe is an innovative technology that uses a special disc drive, special media, and label-making software to burn labels directly onto CDs and DVDs.

Because the labels are laser-etched—not printed—there's no ink, no smudging, and no peeling.

Your labels can be whatever you want them to be. Create one-of-a-kind designs with your own photos, text, and artwork using your label-making software. Or choose from the many free backgrounds the software provides. You may also visit LightScribe's label gallery  for free downloadable designs. 

Once you create your design, be sure to follow these three steps:

• Burn your data (music, photos, video, etc.) in the LightScribe drive.
  • When your data burning is complete, open the drive and flip the disc over.
  • Burn your LightScribe label. Remember, the same drive that burns your data burns your label, too.

Click here to see a video introduction to LightScribe technology

IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 23/August/2006 at 6:24am
i have two dvd burners here, but no externals. as for the internals, i have 2 lite-ons and am pretty happy with em.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827106019
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 23/August/2006 at 6:28am
IP IP Logged
Xenetic
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Xenetic Replybullet Posted: 25/August/2006 at 3:21pm
Im not fond of external burners, if you have an extra slot, id say grab an internal. As for lite-on, they are cheaper alot of the time, but not the best quality. I like mine to be silent (or near it) and have never found a quiet lite-on. I have a Samsung WriteMaster now and I really like it.  Burns anything and is very quiet,got it pretty cheaptoo off of ebay.

IP IP Logged
Xenetic
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Xenetic Replybullet Posted: 25/August/2006 at 3:23pm
Just looked at teh link you posted tybo, that external is of course a different model than mine, but if its anything like my samsung and you must have an external, I think you will be very happy with it.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version