Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Planetside
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Planetside
Message Icon Topic: Team Creation: Outfit Tournament Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 4:23pm
3 way eh? Hmmm.....

I see some double teaming in the works for friends in arms like the leet fit guys versus the nubs.
IP IP Logged
SPRIGAN
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SPRIGAN Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 4:46pm
i suggested the idea of using 3 of the battle islands so you could have 3 matches at the same time which would speed it up for those waiting to have a match
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by SPRIGAN

i suggested the idea of using 3 of the battle islands so you could have 3 matches at the same time which would speed it up for those waiting to have a match

Not a bad idea as long as they removed the restraints for the HA, Reavers, and MBTS (they can leave the one for BFRS on).
IP IP Logged
Fayaz
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Quote Fayaz Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 9:43pm

Latest Update:

We’re working on creative scheduling to run 2 events simultaneous on Old Oshur. Creative meaning that if 2 of the same empires are playing at the same time, they can not get any “linked” benefits.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Thom Terrazas
Project Manager
Sony Online Entertainment
IP IP Logged
AquaNox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote AquaNox Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 10:49pm
If it ends up being 60 vs 60, i may not want to participate, zerg on zerg hardly shows who is the best outfit.
IP IP Logged
Fayaz
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Quote Fayaz Replybullet Posted: 23/August/2006 at 11:18pm

Hello all!

I hoped to have the rules and schedule ready for you today but the issue of scheduling has taken up most of my time this week.

Here is the solution we will be going with in a brief description as I will follow up with more rules this week.

Changes to gameplay

We are scrapping the previous Offense versus Defense plan due to time constraints and available places to play. Instead, each team will start off at the two closest Tech Plants, Dahaka (home) and Izha (away). It’s going to be two teams squaring off to see who can capture the other person’s base for the win. Plain and simple. To rule out any arguments of who had the better starting location, no towers nor bases will be captured for either team nor will they be permissible to capture. You can go into the neutral bases and towers, perhaps to hack the terminals or lockers but you cannot hack it to capture it without penalties.

In the case of a tie at the end of the battle. The Outfit Leader will choose his Warriors, providing a list of 5 players to duel the other Outfit 1 on 1. This will be similar to Soccer when there is a tie at the end of a match. There will be 5 rounds to determine the winner of the event. In the case of a tie at the end of 5 rounds, additional Warriors will be used until a winner is determined. The caveat will be that the dueling players will only be able to use common pool weapons and cannot be in anything larger than Rexo Armor and cannot be in an Infiltrator Suit. Maxes and vehicles will not be used in determining a winner other than the players may start off seated in a vehicle. There will be no throwing projectiles permitted in the Tie Breaker (no grenades, plasma, etc…)

·                   We’re planning on starting the event on Wednesday September 6, 2006.
·                   We will schedule at least 9 games for every team within a 10 week span.
·                   There will be 1 or 2 games per night per server.
o        The first event will start at 6pm and the second will start at 8:15pm

Thank you for your patience while we get this set up for you.

Best regards,

Thom

AKA Enrico Pallazzo

IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 24/August/2006 at 3:21am
jeezus lol, wtf is up with teh tiebreaker?

So this is duel style like we are used to or what?

Good thing I wont be one of the 5, I freaking think dueling is horse poop.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version