Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: My Baby - Dye DM5 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 06/May/2006 at 10:41pm

Originally posted by Stairway

Originally posted by Tybox

That you tybo?

Yar.

Airsoft ftw!

IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 07/May/2006 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Preach

My fkin gun developed an air problem today at the field, and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. It is constantly leaking air from the rear of the bolt assembly. Think I might have to send it to Dye and have their techs look at it. Even with the air problem I was still ripping faces today, had to refill my 68/45 tank after every game though, lol.

That sucks man, hopefully Dyes tech service is better then SPs.  I played with my friends PM6 yesterday for a few games and I loved the thing.  I may consider getting one of those instead now since its so much cheaper then the DM6 and Hyrbrid Shocker.

IP IP Logged
MadDawg
Officer
Officer

Quote MadDawg Replybullet Posted: 07/May/2006 at 10:13pm
Never got into paintball.... Not really a mans sport hahaha.  I was more of the jock, Football, Wrestling and Track all the way!  All the way up through college.
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 07/May/2006 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by MadDawg

Never got into paintball.... Not really a mans sport hahaha.  I was more of the jock, Football, Wrestling and Track all the way!  All the way up through college.

I know a sport where teamwork, agility and reflexs are keys to wining is definatlly not a real sport like Football.  Give me a break humping some other guy in wrestling is definatlly much more of a mans sport.  In 10 years Paintball will be bigger then wrestling and track and will be a mainstream sport like football, baseball and basketball.  Its already the 3rd largest extreme sport (right ahead of snowboarding, BMX and Surfing). 

IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 07/May/2006 at 10:42pm
Paintball is indeed catching on. ESPN is picking up the tournaments from across the country now. Give it a few years and it will be a lot more mainstream.

Side note for Stairway mainly... I think I got my gun fixed. The DM5 has a Low Pressure Regulator on the back of the gun, right below the bolt assembly, and I set that all the way down, then set my Hyper2 reg all the way down, cranked up my LPR to 75psi, and cranked up the velocity on the Hyper2 about 5 full turns w/ the allen wrench. No more air leak, and it seems to be shooting fine. Can't really tell how much FPS I'm shooting since I don't have a chrono. Most likely shooting pretty hot right now though.

There is a local paintball store here, I'm gona give them a call tomorrow and ask if they have any techs that can check out my DM5. See if they can give it the "once over" for me.
IP IP Logged
MadDawg
Officer
Officer

Quote MadDawg Replybullet Posted: 08/May/2006 at 11:26am

I know a sport where teamwork, agility and reflexs are keys to wining is definatlly not a real sport like Football.  Give me a break humping some other guy in wrestling is definatlly much more of a mans sport.  In 10 years Paintball will be bigger then wrestling and track and will be a mainstream sport like football, baseball and basketball.  Its already the 3rd largest extreme sport (right ahead of snowboarding, BMX and Surfing). 

Anyone can shoot a gun, i've not seen one paintball match that required agility... I can sit and hide behind a bail of hay for 5 minutes pretty easily.  The reflexes consist of what?  Poping up and shooting at a large target....

I'm not trying to start a fight, it's more of my opinion, i'm sure you feel that way about the sports I mentioned. 

IP IP Logged
solitary00
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote solitary00 Replybullet Posted: 08/May/2006 at 11:33am

Anyone can shoot a gun, i've not seen one paintball match that required agility... I can sit and hide behind a bail of hay for 5 minutes pretty easily.  The reflexes consist of what?  Poping up and shooting at a large target....

I'm not trying to start a fight, it's more of my opinion, i'm sure you feel that way about the sports I mentioned. 

Wrestling requires a lot more mental/physical strength than paintball....  I've done both and wrestling is the more difficult, by far.

Football on the other hand.... 

-bullet buffer-
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 08/May/2006 at 4:00pm
Front players in paintball have to be able to move up the field and fast paces while being aware of everything around them.  All players have to be able to bump from bunker to bunker which includes speed and agility.  I play front for my team and I run 5 miles everyday 3 times a week.  Paintballers are athletes but I doubt either of you have played at tournament level, you probably went out with some friends and played in the woods.  Thats not the true sport of paintball, tournament speedball is a fast pace sport with teamwork, stradgey, and physical fitness. 

Besides paintball I play many other sports including football, baseball and basketball.  I have played these sports much longer then Paintball yet I feel that paintball is harder then them all.  Paintball is not just being lucky and shooting people when there heads are popped out, its being able to build skill in areas like bunkering, snapshooting, and laneing.  Its about teamwork and how well your back players can cover the front so they can advance up the field.  I dont expect either of you guys to understand this because you probably dont play tourney paintball and just have played some rec woodsball in your life.   Paintball also requires alot of physical skill, I have been knocked out during a game for 2 mins which has never happend in football or anyother sport, it also requires physical training; I lift weights 5 times a week and have do cardio 3 times a week.  I cant comment on the wrestling thing since I have never been into it, but my teamate who wrestles says that its alot harder for him to condition for paintball then it is for wrestling.  I dont want to start a flamewar but I hate when people who really dont know anything about paintball start talking sh*t about it.
IP IP Logged
solitary00
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote solitary00 Replybullet Posted: 08/May/2006 at 4:38pm

Front players in paintball have to be able to move up the field and fast paces while being aware of everything around them.  All players have to be able to bump from bunker to bunker which includes speed and agility.  I play front for my team and I run 5 miles everyday 3 times a week.  Paintballers are athletes but I doubt either of you have played at tournament level, you probably went out with some friends and played in the woods.  Thats not the true sport of paintball, tournament speedball is a fast pace sport with teamwork, stradgey, and physical fitness. 

Besides paintball I play many other sports including football, baseball and basketball.  I have played these sports much longer then Paintball yet I feel that paintball is harder then them all.  Paintball is not just being lucky and shooting people when there heads are popped out, its being able to build skill in areas like bunkering, snapshooting, and laneing.  Its about teamwork and how well your back players can cover the front so they can advance up the field.  I dont expect either of you guys to understand this because you probably dont play tourney paintball and just have played some rec woodsball in your life.   Paintball also requires alot of physical skill, I have been knocked out during a game for 2 mins which has never happend in football or anyother sport, it also requires physical training; I lift weights 5 times a week and have do cardio 3 times a week.  I cant comment on the wrestling thing since I have never been into it, but my teamate who wrestles says that its alot harder for him to condition for paintball then it is for wrestling.  I dont want to start a flamewar but I hate when people who really dont know anything about paintball start talking sh*t about it.

I don't think either of us were talking sh*t..  And trying to discredit us by saying we've never played tourney level paintball is a double edged sword...  Have you ever been in a tourney level wrestling match?

Don't get me wrong, paintball is fun, and it does require athleticism, but it is certainly not the most demanding sport out there..

-bullet buffer-
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 08/May/2006 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by solitary00

I don't think either of us were talking sh*t..  And trying to discredit us by saying we've never played tourney level paintball is a double edged sword...  Have you ever been in a tourney level wrestling match?

Don't get me wrong, paintball is fun, and it does require athleticism, but it is certainly not the most demanding sport out there..

Im not trying to discredit you guys by saying that, but there is so much of a difference between what most play called rec (ussually woodsball) and tourney speedball.  Im sorry for being out of line earlier when I accused you two of not knowing what was going on, but it pisses me off when paintball is discredited as a competive sport and passed off as simple no skill game.  Im not saying either of you guys said that kinda stuff (except MadDawg saying paintball wasnt a "mans sport"), but you were leaning in that direction.  I dont want this to become a Football vs Paintball thread because I love both these sports.  I think we should just drop this argument and just go back to what the thread was inteded for. 

I found this article from the L.A Times about Paintball.  The article was written after a guy who had no paintball experiance spent time with one of the top teams in the world San Diego Dynasty.  There was paragraph from the article that I think really reflects what paintball is:

Originally posted by Alex French

I submit that paintball is a beautiful and complicated sport, one that requires body control, hand-eye coordination, quickness and speed, sheer toughness and that odd mix of patience and abandon that we call courage. It requires the simultaneous engagement of all the senses and an acute awareness of one's location in space in relation to other moving bodies. It requires one to conduct the complicated calculus of risk and reward during moments of duress.

-Alex French L.A Times

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version