Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Planetside
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Planetside
Message Icon Topic: Scatmax Pshield anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Online Status: Offline
Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 03/October/2006 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Isabel

An apology was made or at least attempted, how about everyone just leave it at that? It takes heart to "act a fool" then apologize for it, there's a 1CMM member I know of that can learn that lesson.

LOL... Thanks Dad!
IP IP Logged
Isabel
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Isabel Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Preach

Originally posted by Isabel

An apology was made or at least attempted, how about everyone just leave it at that? It takes heart to "act a fool" then apologize for it, there's a 1CMM member I know of that can learn that lesson.

LOL... Thanks Dad!
Anytime son
Sometimes it takes a woman
IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:05am
To each his own, as Khemo would say, to each his own.  As Aqua said, the personal choices that one makes are just that, however, for me, I don't like to just do things because it's solely the "Smart" thing to do.  There's a million smart things that one should do in Planetside, but after 3 years, I'm not out to win every base and soak up 5 decimators.  For me Planetside has always been about respect and I show that respect to other players by not certing PShield or plasma, because whether that's the smart thing to do at the end of the day or not, at least as an individual, I feel that I have played and competed honorably. 

I don't have a double standard where I hate it when other's use it and then turn around and use it myself, but again, I have no hate towards anybody who uses these things.  I just take personal pride in sticking to my own thing and not giving in to "playing the game purely to win at all costs." that for me, makes PS still enjoyable.

The moment I stop standing out and blend in with the other mindless idiots firing off 100 rounds of plasma and marching to the gen in line of scats, then the game will no longer have that which no other game has: a sense of reputation for players, the community, which is the driving force behind the game.

So, you know, if you get me in an air to air fight, I won't fly into a tree or bail if you have me fairly.  I don't run into a stairwell and boomer myself so you don't get the kill.  If I have no medpacks left and you're coming down a hallway and there's no other option, then I'll still jump out and fight you.  I won't ever send you a hate tell when you kill me, no matter how you did so.  This is my reputation as a player, and I like the fact that people respect me for that and I respect them back; it's a cool thing to have that vibe among fellow players, regardless of empire. 

Respect is earned.

IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Preach

Oh, your abusive hate tells would have made more sense? K!

Preach you are awesome
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:24am
I play to have fun. Whatever people think about my playstyle doesn't matter one bit to me.

They can submit a complaint to my complaint department...

IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:28am
Like I said your awesome A pic for every post. Johnny on the spot humor.
IP IP Logged
DEKA

Quote DEKA Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Jersey

How does Preach's dick taste??? heh j/k

Sorry but you set yourself up for that one.
DEKA
DT, Emerald
IP IP Logged
Isabel
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Isabel Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:06am

I have to admit the Trash Can one made me lol.

Sometimes it takes a woman
IP IP Logged
NaeBlis
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote NaeBlis Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 1:24am
Originally posted by DEKA

Originally posted by Jersey

How does Preach's dick taste??? heh j/k

Sorry but you set yourself up for that one.

like....

Teh Nibblies
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 04/October/2006 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Jbanicar

To each his own, as Khemo would say, to each his own.  As Aqua said, the personal choices that one makes are just that, however, for me, I don't like to just do things because it's solely the "Smart" thing to do.  There's a million smart things that one should do in Planetside, but after 3 years, I'm not out to win every base and soak up 5 decimators.  For me Planetside has always been about respect and I show that respect to other players by not certing PShield or plasma, because whether that's the smart thing to do at the end of the day or not, at least as an individual, I feel that I have played and competed honorably. 

I don't have a double standard where I hate it when other's use it and then turn around and use it myself, but again, I have no hate towards anybody who uses these things.  I just take personal pride in sticking to my own thing and not giving in to "playing the game purely to win at all costs." that for me, makes PS still enjoyable.

The moment I stop standing out and blend in with the other mindless idiots firing off 100 rounds of plasma and marching to the gen in line of scats, then the game will no longer have that which no other game has: a sense of reputation for players, the community, which is the driving force behind the game.

So, you know, if you get me in an air to air fight, I won't fly into a tree or bail if you have me fairly.  I don't run into a stairwell and boomer myself so you don't get the kill.  If I have no medpacks left and you're coming down a hallway and there's no other option, then I'll still jump out and fight you.  I won't ever send you a hate tell when you kill me, no matter how you did so.  This is my reputation as a player, and I like the fact that people respect me for that and I respect them back; it's a cool thing to have that vibe among fellow players, regardless of empire. 

Respect is earned.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version