Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: The Rant Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Online Status: Offline
Quote Interpol Replybullet Topic: The Rant
    Posted: 21/December/2006 at 9:20pm
First off, before anyone says anything countering my point--you're a moron, no one likes you, shut up.

I ordered a Samsung 23" HDTV from www.etronics.com (f**k them), and received a message from them stating that in order to speed up my process, I should give them a call.

Keep in mind, my online order was $563, and i received a confirmation email stating exactly that.

So I gave them a ring, and after being pressured a f**king lot to purchase HDMI cables (didn't need them), Xbox 360 component cables, and probably a f**king dildo which slipped past my hearing, I finally confirmed my order and was told it would ship the very next business day.

Five days later I checked the status of my order (now it was $603, AND an HDMI cable was added to the order), and saw that it hadn't even been shipped yet, so again, I gave them another ring (f**k them).

After haggling with the rep, and being transferred to multiple departments, I finally was able to cancel my order. That very same night, I ordered the exact same television from Circuit City, and received it a few days later.

So I come home from work one day, see that another Samsung television is on my doorstep (note that UPS can't deliver that package without someone being there to sign for it, which they didn't do).

Gave etronics another ring (again, f**k them), and was told that I could not ship it back, because it had cost them too much to package it, and that I'm forced to keep it.

f**k that.

I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company and drop the TV off at the UPS store, but it's just a lot of work I don't care to get involved in.

It's too bad I can't threaten them with going to the BBB or Consumer Affairs, because I know they'll just laugh it off.

So here I am, ranting to a bunch of people that won't get past the first paragraph because of the sh*t load of words that follow it (f**k you).

IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 9:31pm
f**k you too!

i would keep the TV, but cancel the charge on my card (you did, after all, cancel the order)

then resell your spare TV
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 10:31pm
Yeah, I could, but I generally try to keep on the honest side of things. I Just wish the consumer wasn't so powerless.
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 10:37pm
What you just described is unfortunately a very common occurrence with online TV and camera businesses. I did A LOT of research not only on my HDTV, but the company I was going to buy the TV from. Ultimately I decided on buydig.com and was very pleased with the purchase process. I received an order confirmation within a few minutes that my CC had been charged for the order, and another email a couple days latter when the TV actually shipped with a tracking # and a contact phone # of the shipping company since it was shipped through a private shipping company. I highly recommend buydig.com for any TV purchases.

Before I make any purchase from an online business I always check resellerratings.com and see other customers experiences with the company.

As for them actually shipping you the TV and charging you for it, I would fight them tooth and nail on it.
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 10:58pm
Yeah, I agree, Preach. This was certainly a lesson well learned.

Also, the thing that's so irritating is, they're not even open to a return with a restocking fee (which I would absolutely not do, but it just shows how amazingly sh*t they are).
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Interpol

Yeah, I could, but I generally try to keep on the honest side of things. I Just wish the consumer wasn't so powerless.

hey, they gave you a TV. if they want it back, you can sell it to them (or be nice and return it), but then charge a ridiculous price for labor of shipping. they're intruding on your life for their error due to their own willed incompetence.
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 11:11pm
I've learned the hard way in the past with customer service issues conducted via phone/email. Any time I need to contact a company via phone or email I always write everything down. I ask for employee names, ID #'s, supervisor names etc. I write down date and time I spoke with the person, you name it, I write it down. This has since saved my butt several times when companies tried to screw me.

I would definitely give your CC company a call and dispute the charge. Did you receive any kind of email confirmation that your order was canceled? If so, that will help you a lot. You shouldn't have to pay for that TV if you didn't want it from them.
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 11:23pm
Preach, my dad does the same exact thing, and also advises i do too. too many times have companies attempted to take back things they've said or change whats happened; all my dad does is refer to his newfound atlas he's written since the beginning of the trials and the company eats its words.

for the super paranoid, literally record your conversation with them, just like the vcents guy did
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 21/December/2006 at 11:49pm
Recording conversations is not always legal in some states, specifically if the person on the other end does not know the conversation is being recorded.
IP IP Logged
Bhopx
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bhopx Replybullet Posted: 22/December/2006 at 1:26am
There are very few exclusively internet based companies that i would buy large items from. newegg.com and amazon.com are two of them. When it comes to saving like 10% on a $500 item, i'd rather go with a company that i know is reputable than save the $50.

that is complete BS what they did. At the very worst they should charge you like a 10-15% restocking fee, but even that would be wrong. as far as you knew, you were done with them, its not your fault that they are incompetent. Just tell your credit card company that they charged your credit card without your authorization.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version