Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Samsung = @ssholes Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Online Status: Offline
Quote Preach Replybullet Topic: Samsung = @ssholes
    Posted: 03/September/2006 at 6:31pm
I recently purchased a SyncMaster 204B LCD monitor which included a $60 mail-in-rebate. I followed the rebate instructions perfectly; cutting the original UPC/serial number from the carboard box, provided a receipt from vendor, and completed the request form completely.

So today I get an email from Samsung denying my rebate request. Reason? They say I did not include an original UPC/serial number from the packaging. The email also stated I could "appeal" the decision by submitting the original UPC/serial number. How the hell am I supposed to submit another original UPC/serial number when it was already included in the first rebate request?!

So I called Samsung after receiving the rejection email, and some tech support guy answers and tells me he gets this kind of phone call all the time, and its completely common to receive a rejection email. I couldn't believe this guy was telling me it was common for customers to be rejected! Anyway, the "rebate department" won't be into work until Tuesday, so I will have to start my crusade again on Tuesday.

I am willing to bet it is standard practice for them to deny a large amount, if not all, of rebate request claims. Most people would probably give up and move on after the intial rejection.

I'm not giving up though. That is complete garbage.
IP IP Logged
maxaris
Advisor
Advisor

Quote maxaris Replybullet Posted: 03/September/2006 at 7:03pm
I had the same problem with them for 2 of my old monitors, if you get high enough with their little chain of command they will give it to you.
IP IP Logged
razor851
Groupie
Groupie

Quote razor851 Replybullet Posted: 03/September/2006 at 7:55pm
We had the exact  same problem when we bought a SyncMaster 213T. It's official that Samsung is an asshole company.
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 03/September/2006 at 8:27pm
lol give em hell!
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 03/September/2006 at 9:34pm

I never understood the concept of a mail-in-rebate. I never expect to get my money back on those things. And even if I do, it's 6 weeks later, when I've totally forgotten about it.

But congratulations on a great monitor. Service is sh*t, but the product is damn fine.
IP IP Logged
solitary00
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote solitary00 Replybullet Posted: 03/September/2006 at 9:40pm
That's the exact concept of a MIR.

People forget, so they get even higher profit margins.

Not to mention the ones they reject..

-bullet buffer-
IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 04/September/2006 at 12:56am
Solitary was my mail in rebate, but he never fully delivered, if you know what I mean.
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 04/September/2006 at 2:07am
i turned in two for some monitors i bought from them. first one, check came in about 2 weeks. second one took about 6 weeks for the check cause it was an identical product and i'm sure they were checking to make sure i wasn't trying to get a double rebate on the same product, but there wasn't any hitches, just took longer.

my experience with samsung rebate was fine.

fry's on the other hand never gave me rebates for about $80 worth. i hounded them bitches for weeks and never got a cent out of em. result: haven't been back to fry's since but have bought more than 3 grand worth of computer stuff that could have been bought from them.

<3 Newegg
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 04/September/2006 at 2:41pm
Just got off the phone with the "Samsung Rebate Center", and what a lesson in frustration that was. Guess where their call center for rebates is located? You got it, India. Now I don't care what country the person helping me is from, but when their native accent is so thick I can barely understand them, it gets quite frustrating.

I'm straining to understand the detailed instructions this lady is giving me for resubmitting my rebate request, and I am trying my hardest to make sure I get everything perfectly written down as she is saying it. I must have said "can you repeat that?" about 20 times in the span of a 5 minute phone conversation with this lady. She was very polite, but the language barrier made it a brutal phone conversation.

Long story short; I need to write down my serial number on a piece of paper along with my name, home address, and an ID number the lady provided and fax it to the resubmit department.

What is more frustrating is the absolutely useless email support Samsung offers for their rebates. Each reply from Samsung in regards to my rebate is a standard copy and paste response from a completely retarded customer service rep. It is painfully obvious they don't even take the time to read what the customer typed out. They just copy and paste their pre-typed "f*ck you" response and click send.

BLAH!
IP IP Logged
NaeBlis
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote NaeBlis Replybullet Posted: 04/September/2006 at 2:49pm
I hope its more than a $100 rebate
Teh Nibblies
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic