Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Hezbollah and Israel Post Reply Post New Topic
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Stairway Replybullet Topic: Hezbollah and Israel
    Posted: 14/July/2006 at 7:07pm
Have any of you guys been reading whats been going on in the middle east?  I think the worst is yet to come.  And if you dont know whats going on heres an article that sums it up.

IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 14/July/2006 at 7:45pm
GO ISRAEL!
IP IP Logged
NakataH
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote NakataH Replybullet Posted: 14/July/2006 at 7:49pm
bleurgh i say let them fight, i doubt US will do/say anything because its relationship with israel and the UK lives up the US's ass so wont do anything either germany and france may start to kick off though

IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 14/July/2006 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Preach

GO ISRAEL!

That was pretty much my response too.  Hezbollah have not gotten any backing from any of the Middle East nations so this is pretty much going to end with an Israel victory.

IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 16/July/2006 at 5:51am
Well, when another force croses over into your terriroty and captures 2 of your soldiers and kills a few more, then runs back into another's... safe and sound, then I think any country, regardless of who is up who's ass (that was dumb Natakah), that the response is going to be by force... with the objective to eleminate that threat.

That being said, Israel needs to show more restrain in heavy civilian areas, and Syria and Iran need to stop meddling in Lebanon, which is trying to be it's own state. 

Al Rayes (Planetside Rayes) lives in Lebanon and attends the American Univeristy there.  We haven't heard from him yet, so the conflict is seemingly affecting everybody.  My financee has a lot of family there in Lebanon, along the coastal Christian areas and in northern Lebanon, in the mountains, which have also been attacked some. 

But you know, the whole flash point of the conflict, is when groups like Hezbollah (Hamas) think that they have the right to make decisions with WIDELY AFFECTING consequences (like sneak over to another country's boarder and kill/capture some of their soldiers and then run back tothe shelter of their origion).  They are the antagonists to peace and stability in the region, the instigaters of conflict.  They fire inaccturate rockets at mass civialian centers and carry out suiscide bombings (Hamas). 

They are reaping what they sowed, pure and simple, and in the process, are helping to ruin the majority's hopes for a rebuilt Lebanon and a stable future.

Israel can be more restraining... but you can only be but so careful.
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 16/July/2006 at 9:25am
Iran and Syria want the conflict to be in Lebanon, that way it distracts Israel from conflicts with Syria and Iran.

Israel isn't really known for their restraint in delicate situations. In my opinion they showed restraint when they gave Hezbollah a week or so to return the soldier. Israel warned it would attack and do whatever was needed to get it's soldiers back, and I certainly believe them.

What concerns me is that this potentially involves nuclear nations... those of which can be pretty extremist at times.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version