Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: UFC 59 Post Reply Post New Topic
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Online Status: Offline
Quote Preach Replybullet Topic: UFC 59
    Posted: 17/April/2006 at 8:58am

Seriously... WTF?!

Some pretty big upsets there. I was fkin amazed!

IP IP Logged
jakaul

Quote jakaul Replybullet Posted: 17/April/2006 at 3:59pm

I'm still in shock that Sylvia got up after that right.  That was a NASTY shot he took, but Arlovski got greedy and went for the same punch...too bad Tim's right uppercut was waiting lol.

Wish the Ortiz/Griffin fight was a 5 rounder though...I think Griffin might've pulled it out.

IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 17/April/2006 at 6:34pm

I was very disapointed with the Ortiz/Griffin fight. Ortiz started in the 1st round looking like his old self, and I thought he was just going to smash Griffin. But he just gave up it looked like in the 2nd and 3rd after Griffin kept stopping his take down attempts. Crappy fight in my opinion.

The Silvia/Arlovski fight didn't turn out AT ALL like I thought it would. I thought for sure Arlovski was going to smash Silvia to pieces, but he got too greedy after he rocked Silvia... and quite frankly I think Silvia got VERY lucky to catch Arlovski with that punch. At least it was a total shock/upset, which made it an interesting fight. I would have liked to of seen it go a while longer though. What can you expect though from some hard hitting heavyweights?

IP IP Logged
jakaul

Quote jakaul Replybullet Posted: 17/April/2006 at 8:36pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Ortiz fight.  I seriously think he took the 2nd round completely off...he only tried a couple shoots and for the most part just apparently rested or some stuff.  Third round, he started to do what he did in the first, but I dunno, it was like he was holding back.  It definitely wasn't (2nd/3rd rounds) the ground and pound Ortiz that I'm used to seeing...he used to just destroy people when he got them down.  I don't know if his knee was bothering him or whatnot...possibly torn acl/mcl would do that though...I do have to give Forrest props for surviving and going the distance.  It's been awhile since I've seen someone get dominated like that for a full round and come back to make a match out of it.

Yeah, Silvia got a lucky ass punch, but it looked like he was waiting for it.  Arlovski did a dumbass thing by thinking Silvia was still sort of out of it and he could land that punch again...problem is throwing an overhand right like that leaves you REALLY open to an uppercut with how your body is positioned...especially if you miss.  IMO, he should've sat back and gone back to his gameplan.  If he'd have done that, I think he would've dominated Silvia.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version